Taskbar & Large Icons
Started by wolf

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
wolf

11 posts 5 threads Joined: Sep 2009
09-27-2009, 07:42 AM -
Hello. Thanks for developing this impressive Windows utility. The more I use TLB the more impressed I am. :notworthy:

I could use some help on one issue. I'm trying to select Large Icons in the View menu while keeping the Taskbar at normal height. When icons are large (32) the taskbar goes to double height because icons in the quick launch area no longer fit in single height. So, I made these icons smaller in Button Properties. However, I still can't reduce taskbar back to normal size.

I'm guessing the problem is the quick launch button (circled in red in attached screenshot) becomes double-height when other icons are set to large, but unlike other buttons it does not seem to retain custom properties when I try to shrink it.

Is there any way I can make that button smaller?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
09-27-2009, 10:48 PM -
Actually the size of this button depends of the size of all other buttons. I guess you have some plugin with the high height inside the menu with two arrows. Try to create the normal menu and move there all items you have in the menu with two arrows, this will help and you don't need the menu with the rest items.

BTW, what windows and TLB version you are using? Also if this is possible what visual theme do you use?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
wolf

11 posts 5 threads Joined: Sep 2009
09-28-2009, 04:32 AM -
Quote:Actually the size of this button depends of the size of all other buttons. I guess you have some plugin with the high height inside the menu with two arrows.
Thanks Yuri. Yes, I can easily reduce the height of this button by selecting Small Icons in the View menu. However, unlike all other buttons this one ignores any custom properties including Icon Size and Hide the Button. I have plugins installed, but haven't used any of them yet.

Quote:BTW, what windows and TLB version you are using? Also if this is possible what visual theme do you use?
Oh yeah, that would probably help. [LOL]

Specs: Windows XP Pro SP3; TLB 4.4 (skin: BeaconXP, but issue occurs with all skins I've tried); WindowBlinds 6.4 (skin: AeroGlassV5 by Ironjer)