Started by DocCruncher

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
DocCruncher

115 posts 21 threads Joined: Oct 2009
10-25-2009, 10:20 AM -
Hi;

I have wanted to report on these problems for some time. Version 4.4.1 beta brought this to the forefront.

TLB 4.4.1 beta…
• This version kills text highlighting (on most, but not all programs) with the mouse or keyboard. Also kills many fuel gauge type progress bar highlighting.
• 4.4.1 beta Restore does not restore the names on my main dropdowns menus such as Audio-Video.

All Versions…
• Duplicate TLB items showing up under QuickLaunch Toolbars menu; one is checked and one is not. If I check the un-checked one than three of them show up; two checked and one not. This also adds another duplicate of all TLB menus to the Quick Launch area of the taskbar. One set will have my names on the drop down menu such as Audio-Video and the other will say Audio-Video (2). THIS IS AN OLD PROBLEM.
• Windows System Restore does not restore TLBar… why not? THIS IS ALSO AN OLD PROBLEM.
• Start Killer should be built into TLB as an option to be turned on or off and should be loaded with TLB (if the option is on).
• If I accidently drag a TLB menu icon from the Quick Launch area of the Taskbar onto the desktop the custom icon is lost. Dragging it back onto the TLB list will not restore it. It has to be manually re-applied. THIS IS ALSO AN OLD PROBLEM.

My system is Win XP Pro with sP3.

Thanks;
Doc
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
10-25-2009, 02:38 PM -
Quote:This version kills text highlighting (on most, but not all programs) with the mouse or keyboard. Also kills many fuel gauge type progress bar highlighting.
Please can you comment these with some screenshots?

Quote:4.4.1 beta Restore does not restore the names on my main dropdowns menus such as Audio-Video.
is the "Restore" the same as TLB Settings->General Options->Restore? Is the Audio-Video virtual folder?

Quote:Duplicate TLB items showing up under QuickLaunch Toolbars menu; one is checked and one is not. If I check the un-checked one than three of them show up; two checked and one not. This also adds another duplicate of all TLB menus to the Quick Launch area of the taskbar. One set will have my names on the drop down menu such as Audio-Video and the other will say Audio-Video (2). THIS IS AN OLD PROBLEM.
Sorry I can't to understand this clearly, maybe some screenshots will help me?

Quote:Windows System Restore does not restore TLBar… why not? THIS IS ALSO AN OLD PROBLEM.
As I know System Restore can restore only system files and settings. TLB toolbars are the user data (something like Word documents), System Restore can't to backup it and restore because of possible losts.

Quote:Start Killer should be built into TLB as an option to be turned on or off and should be loaded with TLB (if the option is on).
Not sure this is good idea. Start Killer can be as separate application only for some reason.

Quote:If I accidently drag a TLB menu icon from the Quick Launch area of the Taskbar onto the desktop the custom icon is lost. Dragging it back onto the TLB list will not restore it. It has to be manually re-applied. THIS IS ALSO AN OLD PROBLEM.
Just hold down SHIFT key when dragging it back to move menu back to TLB (by default TLB creates the shortcuts). Or drag with the right mouse key - TLB will show the menu.

BTW, you can lock the buttons to prevent the unwanted dragging.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
DocCruncher

115 posts 21 threads Joined: Oct 2009
10-26-2009, 09:56 AM -
Hi Yuri;

For simplicity sake I am creating a new thread for each item so we can better keep track of everything.

Doc