True Lanuch Bar causing Windows Explorer to crash!
Started by gate1975mlm

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
gate1975mlm

487 posts 90 threads Joined: Dec 2004
10-29-2009, 08:11 AM -
At random times when I right click on "clipboard manager","News Reader" windows Explorer crashes and restarts.

Also at random times the ''mail monitor'' stops checking mail. What I mean is it gets stuck. Restarting windows explorer fixes it.

I am running True Lanuch Bar 4.4.1 Beta 64 Bit on Windows 7 64 Bit.

These crashes also happend on older builds. So its not something new with the beta.
swoooooooly

33 posts 14 threads Joined: Nov 2009
11-24-2009, 12:32 AM -
Since I installed TLB (few days ago, new user, never used before), I'm always getting "Windows Explorer has crashed" messages. But I get them even when I am not using anything on the TLB.
When I click ok to the message, I lose my whole taskbar for a few seconds before it appears again.

I'm on Windows7 64x. Is Win7 not fully compatible yet?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
11-24-2009, 03:17 AM -
Quote:I'm on Windows7 64x. Is Win7 not fully compatible yet?
It is compatible. Please can you post here the error text from the Windows Event Viewer?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
swoooooooly

11-24-2009, 07:02 AM -
Actually might be a False Alarm!

I checked my uninstall programs to do a fresh install, and noticed I had 32bit in there as well. I did remove it before I installed 64bit, but obviously didn’t complete properly.

So anyway, I uninstalled 32bit, and since the last reboot I have not seen this same bug. I will take a screen capture if it happens again. But looks like it might be fine.
swoooooooly

11-27-2009, 03:19 PM -
Okay, this is still a big problem. I believe it is the Windows Messenger Plugin causing it for me.

I am using:
Windows 7 64x
True Launch Bar 4.4 64x
Windows Messenger 64x plugin.

I tested this on another computer with same operating system that has never had True Launch Bar installed. I installed TLB 4.4 64x and had no errors. Once I installed Windows Messenger plugin, Windows Explorer started crashing, constantly.

Windows Explorer crashes without fail every time I click on the Windows Messenger plugin menu. It also happens if the menu opens when I hover past the icon. When it happens, the menu doesn't close, and the windows loading icon replaces the mouse arrow. As soon as I click the left mouse button, I get the following message:

[Image: adssss.jpg]
I then have to click close the program and let it restart.

Windows Explorer also appears to crash when I am no where near the TLB. I am not sure what causes it when this happens. But I have a feeling it is tied in with the Windows Messenger plugin.
swoooooooly

11-28-2009, 09:58 PM -
Okay, I had the latest release, but noticed people mentioning a later beta, so I found and installed that. Problem fixed.
Actually discovered it was the "show online contacts only" setting which was causing it. But fixed with the later version (beta).