Started by atitlan

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
atitlan

33 posts 16 threads Joined: Dec 2008
11-19-2009, 07:17 AM -
Re: Beta 4.4.3 installed over existing TLB on Windows 7 64-bit

Yuri: In the idiom of younger Americans, you're the man! All existing settings were conserved when TLB was re-displayed after the installation.

The new Windows 7 skin + transparencies are very handsome. So far everything works and no problems are evident. Well done.

Also, compliments to 'mitraleks' for the W7_SimpleMOD1 Media Control skin.

TLB is an outstanding Windows enhancement. Live long and prosper.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RetiredEngineer

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Dec 2009
12-07-2009, 05:05 PM -
Atitlan:

I'm not a TrueSoft newbie, but I am a Windows 7 (W7) newbie, and from that perspective Yuri's 64-bit tear-off toolbar work has saved W7 from unacceptable Taskbar performance. I've attached two .png [1] files showing the sad state of affairs Microsoft has inflicted on W7 buyers. "Toolbar at Bottom.png" shows the W7 toolbar behaving like a good toolbar should, with multiple open applications stacking neatly when its vertical size is increased. Fine, but with modern "Cinemascope" monitors (1600x900 in my case), the screens are too wide and too short to see well except at screen center, from top to bottom. This puts vertical screen space at a premium (at least for me, as my peripheral vision is declining), and forces Taskbar onto the screen sides (in W7, only one side) to free up screen center space for applications (apps). Unfortunately, as shown in the second file, "Toolbar at Side.png", the open apps do not stack together like they should. They just stretch out, leaving little or no space for productive Taskbar/toolbar usage.

So, I hold Youri's work in the utmost esteem in Windows 7. He's filling a genuine productivity need for W7 folks. Yuri does good work. In fact, I think he does great work!

[1] What is the most efficient picture file type for this forum (.gif, .tiff, etc.)? The only reason I attached .png files is that's what W7 wanted to generate.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks.
RetiredEngineer