MSN messenger - Open Main Window
Started by swoooooooly

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1 posts in this topic
swoooooooly

33 posts 14 threads Joined: Nov 2009
11-28-2009, 10:58 PM -
The messenger plugin is killer and probably my fav feature, but there's just a couple little tweaks that could allow me to eliminate the need for the real messenger shortcut as well.

- I'd like to have an option that opens the Messenger main window from the messenger plugin.

Can a shortcut to "Open messenger" be added to the messenger plugin context menu? (ie, Right above "sign in")? Or maybe double clicking on the msn menu icon would open the messenger main window.

'Sign in' option doesn't always work.

*If I right click on the msn plugin and choose 'sign in', it doesn't sign me in nor does it open up the messenger window to sign in.

-It's because I don't have the option "sign me in automatically" selected inside messenger. When this option is selected the messenger plugin signs in fine.

So would it be okay to make the "sign in" option open up the main window only if any, or all of these options haven't been set up by the user: Remember me, Remember my password, Sign me in automatically. (The same way messenger does)

Basically these 2 additions would eliminate the need for having messenger displayed in the system tray or having a messenger shortcut in another menu (keeping all my msn options displayed in one spot).