Windows Messenger plugin - a way to pause from starting up?
Started by Interstellar

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
Interstellar

9 posts 5 threads Joined: Mar 2006
11-29-2009, 09:04 AM -
My TLB is on a laptop computer with a wireless connection. If i am in an area with no internet LAN connection or wireless hotspot, The windows messenger plugin keeps pounding away at computer resources trying to restart windows messenger. I have to delete the plugin from the toolbar to stop it from attempting to start messenger. I'd like to be able to quickly pause the plugin until I internet access again, instead of deleting and adding new plugin to the toolbar every time. Or if a future design to have the plugin throttle back the restart atttempts as not to drain resources would be nice for future development?

Thanks
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
11-29-2009, 01:56 PM -
OK, I've added this feature into my todo list. Thanks.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Interstellar

9 posts 5 threads Joined: Mar 2006
12-05-2009, 10:29 AM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:OK, I've added this feature into my todo list. Thanks.

Even though this probably not related with my question, but are you aware that if you set up windows messenger to NOT automatically sign in on PC startup AS INSTRUCTED BY SETUP FOR THE PLUGIN INSTALL. that that the messinger plugin is unable to automatically sign in messinger by itself??

I've been waiting for years for somebody to comment on this, and nobody has to my knowledge. It had been this was going all the way back to Messinger 4.7, to Windows Live messenger v14.xx today. I have also upraded my PC several times with new installations and the same result.

It used to really be bad in Messinger 4.7 and versions just before WLM v14.xx because you had to set Messinger to automatially start to get it to sign in at all, and many times that would result in the plugin was starting two simultanious verions of messinger. WLM 14.xx has somehow been changed to only allow one instance of WLM to run at a time. But in any case, the only way to have ever had Messinger/WLM to sign in automatically is to set the program to sign in automatically with Windows. startup. despite what the plugin instructions indicate. The plugin has never been able to sign it in automatically.

However: strangely enough, if you right click on the plugin and select "signin" it actually does sign in messinger. Go figure!!