Lost skins v4.4.3 beta
Started by DrTeeth

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
DrTeeth

55 posts 23 threads Joined: Nov 2009
11-29-2009, 10:13 AM -
I was adjusting the icon sizes in XP SP3 and TrueLaunchbar has lost its skins. They are not listed within the program >TBKL settings > skins; only <default>. The files are still present on disk. How do I get them back as I use them? I have already rebooted without any change.

Regards

DrT
Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
DrTeeth

11-29-2009, 11:43 AM -
A reinstall fixed it (backed up before) without an uninstall.

Quite painless. Any other way to do this?

Regards

DrT

PS The preview for the Win7 skin and what actually changes on the toolbar does not match up. The arrows change from black to white, but not in the preview. No other change seen - but it makes the menus (of folders) much more usable.
Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
11-29-2009, 01:50 PM -
Quote:Quite painless. Any other way to do this?
The skins path is defined here:
Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\True Software\TrueLaunchBar\SkinsPath

Quote:PS The preview for the Win7 skin and what actually changes on the toolbar does not match up. The arrows change from black to white, but not in the preview. No other change seen - but it makes the menus (of folders) much more usable.
Please can you post some screenshots to show this problem?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
DrTeeth

11-29-2009, 02:47 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:Please can you post some screenshots to show this problem?

With pleasure. One is attached. This was taken *after* I had clicked 'apply' with the Windows 7 skin applied to the toolbar. The preview did not change before or after - see the colour of the arrows. If one closes and then opens the skins settings section again, the preview is correct. The preview does seem to work correctly for menu skin changes - it's just the toolbar ones that seem to have the issue.

Hope this helps. Will gladly supply more info if you need it. Just ask.

Regards

DrT

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)