Started by Hans L

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
Hans L

79 posts 30 threads Joined: Aug 2006
01-03-2010, 12:34 PM -
Hello:

How can I prevent installed apps to insert themselves into TLB?

Regards,

Hans L
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
01-07-2010, 09:45 PM -
You need to switch the toolbar into other folder. By default TLB uses the same folder as standard Quick Launch, so installations can add icons there.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Hans L

01-08-2010, 07:47 AM -
Yuri, thanks.

Would that mean that you would only see one folder, and I would have to click on it to see my 9 menus (which I now see on the toolbar)?

Regards,

Hans L
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

01-08-2010, 08:02 AM -
Here is small walk walkthrough:
* Unlock the taskbar, right click the chevron at the left side of the toolbar and select "Open". The current toolbar folder will be opened. This folder can be accessed via path "%appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch". This folder contain all your shortcuts, menus, settings etc. Copy all content of this folder into any other folder.

* Open TLB settings->Toolbars. Add the toolbar with the created folder
* Right-click the toolbar, select the "Switch toolbar" submenu and click the created toolbar.

Now you have the same menus and shortcuts, but the toolbar folder on the custom path and other programs don't know about it and can't to add icons there.
The TORDEX Team
Hans L

01-08-2010, 08:43 AM -
Yuri, it worked beautifully. Thanks.

I would like to change one thing in your description, just to make it clearer:

"* Right-click the toolbar ON THE TASKBAR [or something similar], select the "Switch toolbar" submenu and click the created toolbar."

I tried to rightclick on the just created tollbar under "Toolbars", and that did not work at all :-)

Will Backup now back up from the new toolbar?

Now, maybe you would consider making this an alternative? Maybe it is during Setup, but at that point, one is not ready to make a decision, so it should be clearly pointed out later (how, well, I must admit I do not know).

Again, thanks.

Regards,

Hans L
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

01-11-2010, 01:12 PM -
Quote:Will Backup now back up from the new toolbar?
Yes, backup works with any toolbar.

Quote:Now, maybe you would consider making this an alternative? Maybe it is during Setup, but at that point, one is not ready to make a decision, so it should be clearly pointed out later (how, well, I must admit I do not know).
I plan to redesign the setup to make some initial customization of the toolbars. The folder selection will be one of the customization parts.
The TORDEX Team