Menu borders missing
Started by gamick

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

7 posts in this topic
gamick

18 posts 7 threads Joined: Jun 2007
01-20-2010, 06:13 PM -
I cannot seem to pin down my mistake nor correct a problem I am having. I was adjusting the color scheme of my TLB menu and the transparency and glass effects features to get it to look 'just right' -- when I clicked apply and looked at the results on the actual menu the outside border was gone. In the preview flyout the border shows just as it is supposed to be but on the actual toolbar nothing shows. The border is a high contrast color from the background-- not the same color.

Any suggestions as to how I goofed this up and how to resolve it? I have adjusted everything I can think of with no effect and I did not see anything that I could adjust in the metrics. I could not locate any similar problem on the forum to refer to.

Thank you!
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
01-21-2010, 03:14 AM -
What TLB version do you use? Also please can you post the screenshot of the menu here. And if this is possble please post the setup.ini from the toolbar folder here or send it to me by email <!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedupport@truelaunchbar.com">support@truelaunchbar.com</a><!-- e -->

By default the toolbar folder is %appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
gamick

01-21-2010, 07:24 AM -
Thank you for your quick reply. I use 4.4 64-bit TLB. I am emailing you my setup.ini to the address provided and am attaching a screenshot of my menu. Thanks again for your help!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

01-21-2010, 01:04 PM -
I've found that the Menu Animation on the Effects tab block the menu border Sad
The TORDEX Team
gamick

01-21-2010, 01:50 PM -
That's kind of strange Yuri as I did not adjust either one of those menu animation options. I tinkered with the colors-- which really shouldn't affect anything and then the transparency and then finally the glass effect settings.

Is there a way to get the border back by adjusting the menu animation settings? I think my only other option being I have put everything back the way it was before the border disappeared and it never came back-- is to start from scratch and create a new tool bar. Or would it be better to just reinstall TLB and then start from scratch?

Thanks for your help.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

01-21-2010, 02:49 PM -
Quote:Is there a way to get the border back by adjusting the menu animation settings?
Yes, change the animations into none and the border will be back.

Quote:Or would it be better to just reinstall TLB and then start from scratch?
Generally reinstalling TLB don't help. Almost all options are in the file setup.ini (TLB Settings) and tlbdata.xml (layout). So if you want to start from scratch, close TLB and delete setup.ini and tlbdata.xml files.
The TORDEX Team
gamick

01-21-2010, 05:04 PM -
I was just getting ready to post when your latest reply arrived. I noticed that only the main menu is missing the border. The sub-menus still have it. I have attached a screenshot. I have just read your last reply and set the animations to none. The border is back!

Thank you Yuri for all your help...