Virtual Folder Question
Started by digitalnoise

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
digitalnoise

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Feb 2010
02-17-2010, 01:18 PM -
First off I just want to say that FLB has been a life saver for me. I work with so many databases and spreadsheets that having the short cuts on my desktop was becoming a nightmare to manage - FLB has cleared up 98% of that for me.

I do have a question though, and it involves Virtual Folders (I think). I have a folder on a Network Share that I would like to be able to access through FLB; however when I place a short-cut, it simply opens the folder in Explorer - not what I'd like to have happen. However, I cannot simply copy the folder to my Menu folder, as obviously other people will be using the files, updating them and creating new ones.

Is there a happy medium that I just haven't figured out yet? I'd like to create a "menu" that links to a real folder, and displays the contents of that folder without opening the folder in explorer (hopefully that makes sense!).

I appreciate any help!
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
02-17-2010, 02:18 PM -
Yes, you are right, this is Virtual Folder feature. Free Launch Bar don't support it only the True Launch Bar.

Anyway if the network folder contain not too many files and its count is persistent, you can create the menu on FLB and add the shortcuts to the files there.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
digitalnoise

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Feb 2010
02-17-2010, 02:27 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:Yes, you are right, this is Virtual Folder feature. Free Launch Bar don't support it only the True Launch Bar.

Anyway if the network folder contain not too many files and its count is persistent, you can create the menu on FLB and add the shortcuts to the files there.
Ah, then I'll have to look into TLB then.

I thought about linking the files directly, but the problem is a new one is created each month, and I really need to not have to constantly update the menu - it's just another task to have to remember.

Thanks!