Started by LeeBinder

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

9 posts in this topic
LeeBinder

5 posts 1 threads Joined: Mar 2010
03-06-2010, 09:41 PM -
[Image: tlb.png]
(top and left border are not visible here because of the white background)

have tried everything in the settings ..

To me these borders are ugly. How do I get rid of them, or is this really a bug?

4.4.6 beta in Win7 32.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
03-07-2010, 01:09 AM -
I guess this border is the part of the theme. Right-click the toolbar (empty space) and select "Toolbar Properties". Try to set the toolbar style into "Taskbar". Generally the taskbar don't have a border.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
LeeBinder

03-07-2010, 05:06 PM -
Good day Yuri,

thanks but I already was in taskbar mode, both in the settings and in the context menu. Toggled that and also tried different skins, no change. Same with all standßalone taskbars, left and top.

I did not find any location in the GUI where to adjust task or toolbar border thickness. Is it possible to do that in some config file? I would not mind to do that once to see if your tool is pleasant for my eyes Smile

Greetings,
Lee
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

03-07-2010, 06:54 PM -
This toolbar must to use the current Windows Theme. Do you use WindowBlinds or not standard theme? Please can you post here the screenshot of your taskbar?
The TORDEX Team
LeeBinder

03-07-2010, 08:04 PM -
yes, I use WindowBlinds and tried both, skinning for tlbHost dis- and enabled, quit and restarted tlbHost. The look of the bars did change but no change in terms of the border, so it is not WB responsible for that. Also restarted Windows Aero as admin via net stop uxsms and net start uxsms, and again, no change.

The screenshot (left part) is already at the top, just envision it expanded and mirrored to the right (+ a dark background around to see the border).

So is there any spot in TLB where toolbar border thickness can be adjusted?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

03-08-2010, 09:09 AM -
Finally reproduced! The problem with WB, and disabling skinning of tlbhost don't helps. Only aero based themes works well, all other add the border. I'll try to fix this bug shortly. I'll post the fixed tlbHost here when finish. Thank you very much for bug report.
The TORDEX Team
LeeBinder

03-08-2010, 09:57 AM -
ah OK - you're good in linear problem solving and pin-pointing things down, aren't you .. Wink

When I say in WB NOT to skin the tlbhost it does not get "treated" with anything Aero because WB has switched Wiindows Aero off using its own implementation. So yes it would look so much better if you did not make your TLB dependent on Aero (at least in regards to painting these thick borders).

Thanks, and looking fwd to testing the new upcoming beta Smile
Lee
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

03-10-2010, 05:17 PM -
Please try the attached version of the tlbHost. I hope this version works better with WB. Let me know about results.

PS. The attached ZIP contain both 32 and 64 bit versions. Just copy the tlbHost.exe into the folder C:\Program Files\TrueLaunchBar (TLB installation folder).

Attached Files
.zip   tlbhost.zip (Size: 313.56 KB / Downloads: 471)
The TORDEX Team
LeeBinder

03-10-2010, 08:11 PM -
awesome, yes, looks even much better now than the standard task/toolbars from IE 4 SP2 and up which MS disabled in Win7 with some quirky justification ...

THANKS Yuri! just saw that you partnered up with TrialPay, I'll look into that while waiting to get paid =D>