Started by ReadMe

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
ReadMe

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Apr 2010
04-06-2010, 12:56 AM -
Hi,

I have registered a copy of TLB, then installed the latest beta (4.4.6) on my wife's new PC. She likes it much better than Talentum Advanced Launcher (hat's of to the developer!)

There is however a problem that she finds annoying:
Sometimes after login the toolbar does not allow selecting. No icons reacts with the familiar animation when the mouse hovers over them. The toolbar seems intact but it is not responding at all.

A quick solution is to close the toolbar and then opening at again, it always work after doing this.

This problem is annoying for my wife, since she just wants her PC to work. She can use Office and play some simple games, but she is NOT interrested in all the technicalities "under the hood". She leaves that to me. :-)

Do you have a solution for my problem? Or perhaps confirm that I'm not alone with this problem?

The background information:
True Launch Bar beta 4.4.6 on a freshly installed PC with:
Windows 7 Professional 32-bits Swedish, 6.1.7600 build 7600, HAL 6.1.7600.16399
Using builtin Internet Explorer 8
Office 2007 (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Access)
All fully updated through Windows Update
MB: Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon X2 5600+, 2GB RAM, HD 160GB

About TLB installation: She has a toolbar in the statusbar next to the start-button (no other toolbars, and the language bar is disabled). The toolbar has some menus, mostly filled with shortcuts to applications and url's. There is one virtual folder in one of the menus.

Thanks in advance!

PS. The forum topic "How to Post a Bug & Get Your Question Answered" and "Leave good feedback - So we can solve your problems ", points to a url (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.truelaunchbar.info">http://www.truelaunchbar.info</a><!-- m -->) which does not seem to exist.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
04-06-2010, 04:07 AM -
Quote:There is however a problem that she finds annoying:
Sometimes after login the toolbar does not allow selecting. No icons reacts with the familiar animation when the mouse hovers over them. The toolbar seems intact but it is not responding at all.

A quick solution is to close the toolbar and then opening at again, it always work after doing this.
So the TLB not hung if you can to close it. BTW, is this is possible to right-click the toolbar and open the context menu?

Quote:Do you have a solution for my problem? Or perhaps confirm that I'm not alone with this problem?
You are the first who report this problem. Please can you make the toolbar backup (TLB Settings->General Options->Backup) and send it to me (<!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedupport@tordex.com">support@tordex.com</a><!-- e -->)? I'll test your TLB configuration.

Also do you have any plugins on the toolbar/menus?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
ReadMe

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Apr 2010
04-06-2010, 06:51 AM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:There is however a problem that she finds annoying:

So the TLB not hung if you can to close it. BTW, is this is possible to right-click the toolbar and open the context menu?

Right-clicking works, the context menu is shown. Also the popup descriptions for toolbar icons are shown when hovering with the mouse. But left-clicking to does not work.

Quote:Do you have a solution for my problem? Or perhaps confirm that I'm not alone with this problem?
You are the first who report this problem. Please can you make the toolbar backup (TLB Settings->General Options->Backup) and send it to me (<!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedupport@tordex.com">support@tordex.com</a><!-- e -->)? I'll test your TLB configuration.

Also do you have any plugins on the toolbar/menus?

I will send you a toolbar backup. And Yes, I use the spacer plugin. I also used the motherboard plugin temporarilly. I just discovered that the motherboard plugin was hidden, not deleted. I have just tested to delete all plugins from the toolbar and restarted the PC. Suddenly, it works! I'm using the separator instead of the spacer plugin now.