TLB Backup Generates Error Message
Started by daveg7

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
daveg7

4 posts 2 threads Joined: May 2010
05-22-2010, 12:29 AM -
I'm running a newly installed Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate 6.0 (Build 6002: Service Pack 2) and TLB 4.4.9 RCI [beta]. I also had the same problem before I formatted the hard disk and reinstalled Vista and TLB. (Don't worry: I had other reasons for reformatting.)

The message I get after trying to back up TLB is "Backup is failed. Access is denied. True Launch Bar don't finish the backup process correctly. Please press Back button to select other file name. Be sure the disk is not write protected and you have privileges for writing into selected folder." Despite this message, however, a new backup file was saved to the disk.

I tried a few times to change the file name and to save the file in various folders that I use all the time for documents. Also, I had the same problem this year with the past few versions of TLB.

By the way, I love the program, which really helps me get organized.

Please accept my contribution to TLB with this correction of the grammar: "Backup has failed. Access is denied. True Launch Bar didn't finish the backup process correctly. Please press the Back button to select another file name. Be sure the disk is not write protected and that you have privileges for writing into the selected folder."

Thanks,

Dave
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
05-23-2010, 02:13 PM -
Quote:The message I get after trying to back up TLB is "Backup is failed. Access is denied. True Launch Bar don't finish the backup process correctly. Please press Back button to select other file name. Be sure the disk is not write protected and you have privileges for writing into selected folder." Despite this message, however, a new backup file was saved to the disk.
The "Access is denied" can appear if TLB can't to access to some file(s) in the toolbar folder. Maybe some shortcut or file become inaccessible after moving it from the old system. Try to open the toolbar folder and copy all files into any other folder. If some file is inaccessible Windows Explorer will show error.

I'll try to add the file name what raise the error.

Quote:Please accept my contribution to TLB with this correction of the grammar: "Backup has failed. Access is denied. True Launch Bar didn't finish the backup process correctly. Please press the Back button to select another file name. Be sure the disk is not write protected and that you have privileges for writing into the selected folder."
Thank you very much.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com