Can you help me understand make a menu
Started by Sue Hatfield

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
Sue Hatfield

7 posts 3 threads Joined: Sep 2001
07-31-2002, 11:22 PM -
First I want to thank cmishima who has helped me a lot by email in getting started with True Launch Bar. Thank you.

Here's my problem. If I right click and drag a folder to the toolbar. TLB will ask if I want to 'make a menu' however if I say yes TLB makes a virtual folder.

For example : If I make a menu of my word files and then delete them with word the files are also gone in the TLB folder. Isn't that a virtual folder?

I'm confused here. Can somebody clear this matter up.

Thank you very much.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
08-01-2002, 03:40 AM -
When you make Virtual Folder (right button drag and then Create Menu Here) TLB map real folder into menu. This is like expandable link. So all changes inside real folder take effect in TLB menu also. And if you delete/rename any file inside TLB menu this action take effect in real folder.

You can inspect you toolbar folder. Inside virtual folder you will find only namespace.fld file - this is the shortcut to folder in other (real) location.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Sue Hatfield

08-01-2002, 10:50 PM -
I see. However when I right button drag shouldn't True Launch Bar say

Copy
Move
Create Virtual folder

because anytime I drag a folder to True Launch Bar then unless I copy or move it I am making a virtual folder.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
08-03-2002, 03:25 PM -
If you press Create Virtual Folder (Create Menu Here in the last beta) you will create Virtual Folder. In this case you make only link to dropped folder.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Sue Hatfield

08-04-2002, 10:57 AM -
I am clear now about menus and virtual folders.

My point is that when I right click and drag a folder to the toolbar True Launch Bar should say:

Create Virtual Folder here

It now says create menu here which is wrong.