Tear-off menus jump when dragging menu items
Started by Scoox

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
Scoox

20 posts 5 threads Joined: Jul 2009
07-01-2010, 07:41 PM -
I use the TrueLaunchBar to pop up a shortcuts menu under the mouse cursor. This enables me to avoid using Window's badly designed Start Menu. To do that I have enabled the following options:

- Tear Off Menu
- Always On Top
- Popup at Cursor
- Auto-Close Menu

Using these settings, the menu will conviniently pop up wherever the mouse pointer is, and can be dragged around the screen if grabbed by the menu caption. As a result, the menu is not bound to the taskbar and therefore is free to move.

The bug:
Tear-off menus jump position when drag-and-dropping menu items with the mouse. Menu items include: shortcuts, plugins (e.g. a clock), separators, titles, submenus, etc. Imagine dragging a file into a Windows Explorer window. When we drop the file, the Explorer window does not 'jump' or move to a different position on the screen. Likewise, when we drag-and-drop things in a TrueLaunchBar tear-off menu, the tear-off menu shouldn't jump to a new position., but it does.

This behabiour is not seen in normal (non Tear-Off) menus because they inherently cannot move as they are bound to the taskbar.

Many thanks and keep up the good work!! =D>
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
07-01-2010, 11:55 PM -
Thank you very much for bug report. In the next version this bug will be fixed.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Scoox

20 posts 5 threads Joined: Jul 2009
07-02-2010, 03:06 AM -
Excellent, thank YOU !