Start Killer - No Joy :(
Started by RedRocks

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
RedRocks

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Sep 2010
09-07-2010, 11:41 AM -
I have been trying all afternoon to get Start Killer to work on my Win 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Lenovo Laptop. But it just doesn't want to work. I have installed / uninstalled several times - both 32-bit & 64-bit versions. I have restarted the machine countless times. I have all three checkboxes checked. The Start Killer process IS running - but the Start Button is still there as big & obnoxious as ever!

Somebody please help. Thanks!

~Frank
RedRocks

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Sep 2010
09-08-2010, 07:02 AM -
Well, I spent a little time on it this morning and finally got it to work . Here's what I did:

1 - Uninstalled SK, then went into "Program Files" folder & removed SK folder (the folder was there but was empty).

2 - Went to Regedit -> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\True Software\Start Killer and removed True Software and everything underneath it.

3 - Removed all Gadgets from my desktop.

4 - Reboot.

5 - Reinstalled SK 64-bit.

6 - It still wasn't working. So I went back to the SK program folder in "Program Files", double clicked the executable, and ..... NO 'START BUTTON'!!!

7 - Reinstalled the Gadgets, made appropriate changes to SK Notification Icon, Reboot (just to make sure), and all is well.

This is a very good little app & when it works it works very well. Don't give up!

Thank You!