Start Menu still mouse active - even with 3rd option on
Started by nonhocapito

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
nonhocapito

22 posts 7 threads Joined: Jul 2010
10-04-2010, 08:38 AM -
As the title says: even if the "Disable Start Menu" option is checked in StartKiller, the Start Menu is still accessible with the mouse.

It shows up if you click at the extreme left of the taskbar, basically to the left of the start button where the taskbar begins.

If the Start button is hidden by startkiller, chances are you have a custom start button instead: if your hand slips and you click to the left of it (basically at the border of the screen) you will get the regular Start Menu and not your custom one.

I hope the description of this problem was clear...

Please note: it is *useful* for windows to have those extreme-left side pixels triggered to show the start menu, because in a rush you just throw the pointer there and more often than not the pointer ends up TO THE LEFT of the start menu. You then don't want to click there and have nothing happen.

Suggestion: Not only StartKiller should *properly* kill the start menu, but TLB should also claim the pixels to the extreme left of the taskbar for its first button to the left, to imitate windows regular behavior to the fullest.
nonhocapito

10-05-2010, 12:20 AM -
I just noticed I can activate the Windows Start Menu with the mouse even if I click the border of the taskbar *around* the first button on the left (where formerly was the start menu). Clicking right above and below it shows the windows start menu. So I guess that whole area of the taskbar is mouse-sensitive and can be triggered to show the Windows start menu, regardless StartKiller settings.
nonhocapito

11-16-2010, 09:48 AM -
...I just realized this topic is matter for another more frequented thread, here: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tordex.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1188&p=18782#p18782">viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1188&p=18782#p18782</a><!-- l -->
Sorry about the replicated content. You can delete this thread if you want.