Started by Gary Mugford

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

10 posts in this topic
Gary Mugford

23 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2010
10-16-2010, 01:44 PM -
Yuri,

I decided to create a second TLB toolbar on my second monitor's taskbar. I made some mistakes in setting it up, including setting min and max icon size to 32 and choosing some frightful colours. I eventually decided to load the l33t remix skin and change a bit here and a bit there, including resetting the min icon size back to 16. That let me resize the height of the taskbar. However, upon reboot, all of my bad choices to begin with were back. I tried going into settings and l33t was still selected, so I pressed OK. Nothing changed. I changed to Luna II and that made things work. Until the next reboot.

So, I have been going into TLB settings for this second monitor toolbar and switching back and forth between l33t and luna II upon each succeeding reboot. I have backed up the settings for the toolbar at least twice. And I'm running v5.0, this problem having started before I installed that update early this week.

Any ideas?

Thanks, GM
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
10-16-2010, 02:26 PM -
What TLB version was before update? Also what is your windows version.

Also please can you check if the file setup.ini changed when you press OK in the tlb settings? setup.ini is located in the toolbar folder, you can open it in notepad and find the skin path. When you change the skin this path must be changed too.

Also try to change the skin and then refresh the toolbar. Are the changes saved?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Gary Mugford

10-20-2010, 10:52 AM -
Yuri,

A was up to date in 4.4 release candidates before installing v5. And, as I said, this problem pre-dated v5 and remains. When the system first comes up after a bootup, the toolbar on the second monitor's taskbar retains ALL of the settings I first set up when experimenting. It's taller than normal (due to my playing around with making the minimum height of icons 32). It has a bad hover colour, which is all black, obscuring text and icon. All of these things were my fault as I was trying things out. NO skin was selected. Then I selected Luna II and everything looked nice. I thought my problems were over and the skin had basically gotten rid of all of my 'experiments'. But when I booted, it ignored that skin selection and went back to my experimental settings.

After bootup this time, I saved the settings.ini in question to oldsettings.ini and then updated the skin.
SkinFile=E:\apps\utils\TrueLaunchBar\skins\Luna II\tlbskin.ini
changes to
SkinFile=E:\apps\utils\TrueLaunchBar\skins\L33t Remix\tlbskin.ini

It's the only line in the settings.ini that changed. I am including a copy of the settings ini as a zipped attachment to see if you see anything.

This isn't an earth-shattering problem. I don't reboot all that often, about twice a month. And it takes but a moment to right click on the toolbar, choose TLB settings and switch back or to Luna II or L33t Remix. whichever one is SUPPOSED to be active and is not.

Other data that might be important. Using WinXP SP3 with two 24in Samsung Monitors, using UltraMon currently. nVidia video that is not completely up to date, about two revisions behind. It's usually wise to stay off the cutting edge with nVidia. You will already have noticed, I don't install ANY program to default locations on C:\. The apps run on drive E: and the application data is in E:\DATA\TLBmonitor2 for this toolbar. The main toolbar on the first monitor's taskbar runs PERFECTLY. It's data IS on drive C: in your chosen default place.

Hope this helps. GM

Attached Files
.zip   gmSetupBar2.zip (Size: 1.51 KB / Downloads: 463)
Gary Mugford

11-06-2010, 10:10 PM -
Yuri,

Any thoughts on this issue?

GM
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

11-09-2010, 02:15 PM -
I've tried to reproduce the bug on WinXP SP3 with UltraMon, but all working well here. I've changed the skins and they are saved after restart. Maybe I don't understand the problem clearly. Please can you give me the step-by-step instructions how to reproduce the bug.
The TORDEX Team
Gary Mugford

11-14-2010, 06:11 AM -
Yuri,
[Image: tlbissue.png]

Should I email you the backup file created by this Toolbar? And frankly, there might be a registry setting or two that might be involved. So if you want any registry settings, I can do that too. I did notice some oddities. HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT has two entries, ,fld which has TrueLaunchBar.2 and ,tlbplugin which has TrueLaunchBar.1. In HKEY_USERS, I have the expected .DEFAULT\Software\TrueSoftware\TrueLaunchBar, but I ALSO have a S-1-5-18\Software\TrueLaunchBar and I have absolutely no idea whatsoever where the S-1-5-18 comes from. I certainly never set up a user by that name. Might it be the disabled Microsoft Support account?

GM
Gary Mugford

11-14-2010, 06:17 AM -
Yuri,

Second try for the image ...

[Image: tlbissue.png]

The url is: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://img841.imageshack.us/i/tlbissue.png/">http://img841.imageshack.us/i/tlbissue.png/</a><!-- m -->

GM
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

11-14-2010, 10:35 AM -
Thank you very much for screenshots.

Quote:Should I email you the backup file created by this Toolbar?
Yes, if this is possible send it to email <!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedupport@truelaunchbar.com">support@truelaunchbar.com</a><!-- e --> I still can't to reproduce the bug, maybe with copy of your toolbar I'll be more lucky.
Quote:And frankly, there might be a registry setting or two that might be involved. So if you want any registry settings, I can do that too. I did notice some oddities. HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT has two entries, ,fld which has TrueLaunchBar.2 and ,tlbplugin which has TrueLaunchBar.1. In HKEY_USERS, I have the expected .DEFAULT\Software\TrueSoftware\TrueLaunchBar, but I ALSO have a S-1-5-18\Software\TrueLaunchBar and I have absolutely no idea whatsoever where the S-1-5-18 comes from. I certainly never set up a user by that name. Might it be the disabled Microsoft Support account?
These registry entries just set the TLB icons for *.fld (virtual folder) and *.tlbplugin (plugins) files. The S-1-5-18 is the Local System account. I guess Windows copy some registry settings there.

PS.
Just for small experiment, can you try to swap the toolbars between the monitors. Or open the second toolbar with Standalone True Launch Bar (you can find the shortcut in the Start->All Programs->True launch Bar). With this test we can find if this is problem with this toolbar only and TLB, or there are some problems with UltraMon and TLB.
The TORDEX Team
skyprophoms

12 posts 0 threads Joined: Jun 2011
07-24-2011, 12:19 AM -
I just downloaded the latest update 0.9.20.10711 - unfortunately it did not fix my issue. When the boxee application either windowed or full screen so much as touches my second monitor, the entire computer slows to a crawl.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

07-24-2011, 12:52 AM -
skyprophoms, is your problem is related to the "Remembering settings on second monitor"? Create the new topic for your bug.

Quote:When the boxee application either windowed or full screen so much as touches my second monitor, the entire computer slows to a crawl.
what application take many CPU time?
The TORDEX Team