can't "make" toolbars
Started by scud

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
scud

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Aug 2002
08-15-2002, 05:55 AM -
basically my problem is this, wasn't created by truebar or anything like that, but whenever i select on an empty space to try to do 'new toolbar>truebar' all those options are greyed out. i have one shortcut bar i've had since i installed the os that is there, but i can't even get rid of that one. so i can't go and try to load up the truebar and i'm not sure why, tried going back to default skins cause i thought that might've been the problem, but it wasn't.

so anyone have any idea why xp isn't letting me create/delete toolbars?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
08-15-2002, 08:05 AM -
You do not say what version of XP do you use Sad
Home or Pro?

For XP Profesional:
1) Open gpedit.msc (Group Policy)
2) Find User Configuration->Administrative Templates->Desktop
3) Find option Prevent adding, dragging, dropping and closing the Taskbar's toolbars
4) Change it into Disabled or Not Configured

For XP Home:
1) Open regedit
2) Find key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy Objects\LocalUser\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
3) Delete value NoCloseDragDropBands or set it into 0
4) Restart computer.

I hope this will help you.

Also want to ask. I know some users have problem: TLB do not appear after restart. Check the value Don't save settings on exit or the registry value NoSaveSettings.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
scud

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Aug 2002
08-16-2002, 05:35 AM -
hmm, i did all that, infact it was that way before. but i still can't create/delete any taskbars. i'm trying to think if there was any 'tweak' i did that might've had to do with them..but i don't think there is..so any more ideas?

oh yea and i'm using xp pro
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
08-16-2002, 12:32 PM -
Try to search NoCloseDragDropBands in registry maybe it exists in any other place. Or try to enable/disable policy option.

BTW is your computer in the network and in domain. If so, maybe domain adiministrator setup Policy for your computer and you must to contact with him.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com