Folder rename restores children original names
Started by Zardoz2293

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
Zardoz2293

98 posts 56 threads Joined: Mar 2011
03-29-2011, 05:43 AM -
Create a folder with children items (in this case programs). Rename the children. Now rename the parent folder. All renamed children are restored to their original names. Desired effect is to have children retain there current names, renaming the parent should have no effect on whatever the children are named.

v5.3 (64-bit)
True Launch Bar - Current (64-Bit) | Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit) | Dell Precision 7720
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
03-29-2011, 06:01 AM -
Is this a virtual folder?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Zardoz2293

03-29-2011, 09:00 AM -
I don't know enough about the product to provide that answer. The menu item folder (the parent item in this case) was created originally as a folder on the desktop from right-click -> New -> Folder. Then the shortcuts to the program items (in this case the children) were added to the (parent) folder. Then I moved the (parent) folder to True Launch Bar.

So is that a virtual folder? I'm not too sure about where I should be placing virtual folders (I see you specify a location to store them).

Obviously, I need to educate myself on what the difference is between 'virtual' and I'm assuming a non-virtual folder. How do you identify a virtual to a non-virtual folder?
True Launch Bar - Current (64-Bit) | Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit) | Dell Precision 7720
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
03-29-2011, 10:25 AM -
This is simple. TLB store all shortcuts and menu in the toolbar folder. Normal menus are just a subfolder inside the toolbar folder. The virtual menu shows the content of any folder outside the toolbar folder.

Maybe you can to show the problem with some screenshots? Also, if it is possible, can you backup toolbar and send the backup file to me (<!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedupport@tordex.com">support@tordex.com</a><!-- e -->). The screenshots and backup file will help me to find the bug more faster.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Zardoz2293

03-29-2011, 08:15 PM -
Yuri's feedback resulted in solving the problem: access denied error for not having the rights to modify the folders and files. This was caused by drag and dropping folders and files into TLB and those objects didn't receive the SIDs for the 'toolbar folder' as those objects resided on the same volume and retain their security attributes. Taking ownership and applying the appropriate modification policy to the transferred folders and files in the 'toolbar folder' resolved this behavior.

Thanks! Big Grin