Memory Leak
Started by mshemons

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

7 posts in this topic
mshemons

4 posts 1 threads Joined: Sep 2011
09-06-2011, 09:09 AM -
I've been using the Demo of TLB for about a week now and I must say I love it! I have nested folders set up for all my active projects and I love the integration with foobar2k. One issue I've been having is what appears to be a memory leak. After having TLB running for a couple days the memory usage of tlbHost.exe climbs to nearly 1GB. It seems to grow by a few hundred KB every time I use it to launch a folder. I've looked in this forum but I don't see this issue posted.

I'm running v5.6 x64 on Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I have a bunch of nested folders set up in TLB and I'm using the foobar2k media controls. I'd love to purchase the software, as it makes my workflow so much smoother, but this issue is kind of a dealbreaker.

Thanks!

Mike
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
09-06-2011, 11:13 AM -
Please can you try the version 5.6.2 beta. As I remember I've fixed some leaks there, not very large, but maybe it is your case.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
mshemons

09-06-2011, 01:14 PM -
Thanks for the quick reply. Do you happen to have a mirror for that download? I've tried to grab it several times but the download keeps stalling less than a meg in.

Thanks!

mike

edit: Looks like the 5th time was the charm. I upgraded to the beta and the memory leak seems to be plugged. Holding steady at 10.5MB. Thanks for your help!
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

09-06-2011, 01:32 PM -
There are the problems with the network today Sad

Try to download it from the fileforum. They host the same file as on truelaunchbar.com
The TORDEX Team
mshemons

09-10-2011, 11:36 AM -
So I initially thought the leak was plugged, but it seems to have only slowed, not stopped. I've had TLB running since I installed 5.6.2 beta and memory usage is at 642MB. Better than what it was before, but definitely not ideal.

Do you have any more recent builds that might address this?

Thanks!
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

09-10-2011, 01:39 PM -
I've inspected TLB for memory leaks again, and found some leaks in the standalone TLB (tlbhost.exe). Please can you try this version. The ZIP contain the tlbHost.exe only for 32 and 64 bit Windows. Right-click the empty space of your toolbar and select "Exit", then replace tlbHost.exe with the new one and run it. I hope this version will stop the leaks.

I've checked the Media Control plugin also, and it is OK. Do you have any other plugins?

One other note about TLB memory usage. TLB cache the icons and thumbnails in the memory. So if you are using the menu with the thumbnails, TLB can take too many memory. The icons are not very large usually and the similar icons (like the default folder icons) are in one instance inside TLB.
The TORDEX Team
mshemons

09-10-2011, 01:46 PM -
Thanks! I just replaced the EXE. I'll let you know in a few days if the leaks have been plugged.

I'm not running any other plugins. I am using icons, but they are only the default folder icons.