Toolbar is not always saved
Started by jakrzysztow

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
jakrzysztow

8 posts 3 threads Joined: Jun 2010
11-01-2011, 05:20 AM -
I have 5.6 running under Windows 7 x64. I have added items and hotkeys to the toolbar and when I reboot, sometimes the items and hotkeys are still there and sometimes they are not. I have not be able to figure out any pattern.

Help!

Jeffrey
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
11-04-2011, 01:59 AM -
All items in (except the separators) TLB are files in the toolbar folder (or other folder for the virtual folder). Right-click any item and select "Open in explorer" to see the file location in the windows explorer.

So if something was lost, then the file is deleted. Or maybe you don't have the write access to the toolbar folder.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
jakrzysztow

11-07-2011, 10:45 AM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:All items in (except the separators) TLB are files in the toolbar folder (or other folder for the virtual folder). Right-click any item and select "Open in explorer" to see the file location in the windows explorer.

So if something was lost, then the file is deleted. Or maybe you don't have the write access to the toolbar folder.

Well, it is using the Quick Launch Folder, but the tbldata.xml is not being updated. As best as I can tell, I have proper permissions.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
11-08-2011, 12:03 PM -
Try to delete the file tlbdata.xml Make the toolbar backup before deleting, so you can to restore your settings.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
jakrzysztow

11-14-2011, 08:14 AM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:Try to delete the file tlbdata.xml Make the toolbar backup before deleting, so you can to restore your settings.

Sorry so slow to respond!

I did this and still, TLB does not save settings to tbldata.xml. Only has what was originally in before deleting/restoring. And even though this is now new and created by TLB, still does not save.

Nest try?