Start Killer 3.2 Freezes Win 7 x64 Task Bar
Started by DocCruncher

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
DocCruncher

115 posts 21 threads Joined: Oct 2009
04-26-2012, 07:31 AM -
Start Killer 3.2 works fine except when I select Settings. At that point my Task Bar freezes up. I can get into the Task Bar by hot keying into TLB 5.6.3 beta but as soon as I leave TLB the Task Bar freezes again. I then have to either kill Start Killer or reboot the computer.

I reported on this last year but never got a reply or a fix.

Thanks;
Doc
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
04-26-2012, 08:01 PM -
Do you use any window management software? This software can cause the problems. Also try to press ALT+Space after clicking "Settings". I guess the settings dialog box is out off screen. BTW do you have the multi-monitor system?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
DocCruncher

115 posts 21 threads Joined: Oct 2009
04-27-2012, 10:13 AM -
Only the one monitor. No Window Management software that I am aware of. I do run Catalyst for my AMD graphics card; could that be the problem?

Not sure how to use ALT+Spacebar to get the dialog box back on screen.

One comment... StartKiller has ALWAYS given me problems (of one kind or another) when going to Settings; this goes a long way back through several versions of StartKiller and several versions of Windows. It just does not seem to like me.

Through all that it still never-the-less always worked to remove Windows START button.

I would really like to see it built into TLB as an option so we would have one less thing to worry about at startup.

Thanks;
Doc