Help - I forgot truelaunchbar protection password
Started by zidaan

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
zidaan

4 posts 1 threads Joined: Sep 2002
09-22-2002, 02:09 AM -
help - i put a password protection on and i can't remember it now, i have also tryied reinstalling and deleting registry keys Sad
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
09-22-2002, 02:39 AM -
delete all tlbdata files or setup.ini from toolbar folder. Before deleting close TLB. Note that you will lost layout of icons.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
zidaan

09-22-2002, 03:11 AM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:delete all tlbdata files or setup.ini from toolbar folder. Before deleting close TLB. Note that you will lost layout of icons.
could you be more accurate - my truelaunchbar contains only these files\folders - skins(folder), winamp(folder), home, license.rtf, support, support email, tlb.chm, tlb.dll, tlbhook.dll, tlbplus.dll, unins000.dat, unins000.exe
no setup.ini or or tlbdata ???
delete all tlbdata files or setup.ini from toolbar folder. Before deleting close TLB. Note that you will lost layout of icons.
could you be more accurate - my truelaunchbar contains only these files\folders - skins(folder), winamp(folder), home, license.rtf, support, support email, tlb.chm, tlb.dll, tlbhook.dll, tlbplus.dll, unins000.dat, unins000.exe
zidaan

09-22-2002, 05:06 AM -
zidaan Wrote:
Yuri Kobets Wrote:delete all tlbdata files or setup.ini from toolbar folder. Before deleting close TLB. Note that you will lost layout of icons.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
09-22-2002, 05:59 AM -
Right-click on toolbar and select Open You will see the toolbar folder (the folder with all your shortcuts). tlbdata and setup.ini are hidden files. You need setup explorer to show hidden files in the Folder Options of Control Panel. If you say about password on settings you need to delete setup.ini. To reset password on items delete tlbdata files.

Oh yes TLB asks passowrd on settings when you select Open. In this case just search folder named Quick Launch this folder is on path:
* Win NT4/XP/2000 - C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
* Win Me/9x - C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
zidaan

09-22-2002, 06:54 AM -
Right-click on toolbar and select Open You will see the toolbar folder (the folder with all your shortcuts). tlbdata and setup.ini are hidden files. You need setup explorer to show hidden files in the Folder Options of Control Panel. If you say about password on settings you need to delete setup.ini. To reset password on items delete tlbdata files.

Oh yes TLB asks passowrd on settings when you select Open. In this case just search folder named Quick Launch this folder is on path:
* Win NT4/XP/2000 - C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
* Win Me/9x - C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
thanks man. u r a god Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile again thanks a lot