accepted Secondary monitor tear-off menu pop-up-at-cursor bug
Started by Scoox

Rate this topic
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

8 posts in this topic
Scoox

20 posts 5 threads Joined: Jul 2009
09-22-2012, 07:44 AM -
(Running TLB v6.1 on a freshly installed Windows 7 32-bit with allt the latest critical updates.)

For me the most valuable feature of TLB is the ability to pop up a menu at the location of the mouse pointer. To do this you need to check the "Tear Off Menu" and "Pop up at cursor" options. Then I assign a hotkey to open this menu, for example F17 (which is not physically available on the keyboard). Then I use AutoHotkey_L as follows

LButton & RButton::SendInput {F17}

which means that when I hold down the left mouse button and then click the right mouse button at the same time, F17 gets sent, which in turn pops up my tear-off menu. This gives me convenient access to my regularly used shortcuts anywhere on the screen, rather having to reach for a fixed menu. It is (or would be) even more useful on multiple monitor set-ups, but then there is a problem...

BUG 1: Two days ago I added a secondary monitor to my computer and found that tear-off menus don't work correctly in the secondary monitor, where sub-menus always open to the left even if the tear-off menu is not near the right-hand edge of the screen. Please see attached screenshots: "Correct.png" is what I get on the primary monitor, and "Wrong.png" is what I get on the secondary monitor.

As you can see, when on the secondary monitor submenus pile up on top of each other, while on the primary monitor the open always to the right until the screen edge is reached.

BUG 2: If the mouse pointer is on the secondary monitor, the tear-of menu pops up on the secondary monitor, as expected. If afterwards the mouse moves into the primary monitor, the next time the tear-off menu is opened it will still open in the secondary monitor instead of the primary monitor, which is in correct. If invoked a second time from the primary monitor, the second time it will pop up in the primary monitor, as expected.

Sorry if this is not very clear, English isn't my first language, lef me know if that's the case. I suggest you guys experiment with a dual-monitor set-up and the problems will become apparent very quickly.

If this is not a bug please would you kindly suggest a solution? Thanks for a great product!
This post was last modified: 11-04-2012, 01:49 AM by Scoox.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Scoox

11-04-2012, 01:40 AM -
Bump. Lots of views but no replies. If this is not a bug I want to know the solution. But it is most definitely a bug, although not a very difficult one to fix. I have writeen many Autohotkey scripts and have when I added a second monitor to my computer some of them didn't work correctly. I am also aware of a number of apps that don't work well in multiple desktop setups. It's to do with the mouse coordinates being negative. I was able to fix my scripts within minutes. If an idiot like me can do it, surely it's a piece of cake for the guys at Tordex!

Thanks in advance!!
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
11-04-2012, 04:22 AM -
I'm sorry for silence. I've reproduced the bug with the second monitor. Thank you very much for bug report. In the next version this bug will be fixed.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Scoox

11-04-2012, 04:45 AM -
That's really great news! Thank you
Scoox

06-07-2013, 08:55 PM -
Hi, I have wanted to report this for a while. I downloaded TLB v6.5 yesterday and I see it hasn't happened yet, so here I am making some more noise again Smile

Part 1) of this bug has been partially addressed. If the tear-off menu opens near the edge of the display, menus will open to the left even though there is a whole display to use beyond the seam. The screen capture below shows this, the red line represents the seam between the left display (secondary) and the right display (primary).

Part 2) of this bug has not been addressed. The tear-off menu "sticks" to the secondary display. To open it in the primary display you need to press the keyboard shortcut twice.

Thanks!

[Image: 2013-06-08-124907%20Multiple%20display%20bug.png]

This post was last modified: 06-07-2013, 08:58 PM by Scoox.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

06-11-2013, 05:22 PM -
Quote:Part 1) of this bug has been partially addressed. If the tear-off menu opens near the edge of the display, menus will open to the left even though there is a whole display to use beyond the seam. The screen capture below shows this, the red line represents the seam between the left display (secondary) and the right display (primary).
Hmm... TLB tries to keep menus on one display. Should I add the option for ignoring displays?

Quote:Part 2) of this bug has not been addressed. The tear-off menu "sticks" to the secondary display. To open it in the primary display you need to press the keyboard shortcut twice.
I've reproduced this bug. It will be fixed in the next version. Thank you.
The TORDEX Team
Scoox

06-15-2013, 07:53 PM -
(06-11-2013, 05:22 PM)Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:Part 1) of this bug has been partially addressed. If the tear-off menu opens near the edge of the display, menus will open to the left even though there is a whole display to use beyond the seam. The screen capture below shows this, the red line represents the seam between the left display (secondary) and the right display (primary).
Hmm... TLB tries to keep menus on one display. Should I add the option for ignoring displays?

Quote:Part 2) of this bug has not been addressed. The tear-off menu "sticks" to the secondary display. To open it in the primary display you need to press the keyboard shortcut twice.
I've reproduced this bug. It will be fixed in the next version. Thank you.

1) That option would be useful. Would this mean, however, that menus would open beyond the screen edge even if there isn't actually a display? The diagram below depicts a scenario where the menu opens near the right edge of the right display, and when the menus hit the edge they keep opening to the right even though they are outside the screen:

[Image: 2013-06-16-115036%20Multiple%20display%20bug.png]

2) Nice!

Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

06-20-2013, 12:26 PM -
Quote:1) That option would be useful. Would this mean, however, that menus would open beyond the screen edge even if there isn't actually a display? The diagram below depicts a scenario where the menu opens near the right edge of the right display, and when the menus hit the edge they keep opening to the right even though they are outside the screen:
No, if there is no other display at the right side, TLB open menu at the left side. So menu will be always visible.
The TORDEX Team
Scoox

06-27-2013, 04:57 AM -
(06-20-2013, 12:26 PM)Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:1) That option would be useful. Would this mean, however, that menus would open beyond the screen edge even if there isn't actually a display? The diagram below depicts a scenario where the menu opens near the right edge of the right display, and when the menus hit the edge they keep opening to the right even though they are outside the screen:
No, if there is no other display at the right side, TLB open menu at the left side. So menu will be always visible.

Well that sounds awesome!! I'll keep an eye out on updates! Thanks again