Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
JKonzak

5 posts 3 threads Joined: Jan 2014
07-06-2014, 10:30 AM -
System: Windows 8.1 (64)
TLB Version: 6.6
Problem: New PC, fresh install of all software. Originally TLB installed fine but then I attempted to copy over the settings from the old PC.

HUGE MISTAKE!

Now, every time I try to run TLB it returns a message box

tlbHost.exe-No Disk and it refers to Drive E.

I think Drive E on the old PC was where TLB was installed, but on the new one, there is no Drive E.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled TLB at least three times, but the problem persists. I have even run ccleaner to scrub the registry and the problem persists after reinstalling TLB (which does not start on bootup as I prefer).

By the way, I am a registered and happy user of TLB, for five or more years.

I would be very grateful for any help.

Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
07-07-2014, 02:31 AM -
Reinstalling TLB usually does not help. You have to check your toolbar folder.

This folder contains the shortcuts, plugins and menus. If you are using the "CD Control" plugin check it's settings to ensure it is using the correct drive letter for CD/DVD (this plugin can cause this problem).

If there are no many menus, you can open the files tlbdata.xml (files are hidden) with any text editor (for example Notepad), search for "E:" references and replace with correct drive space.

If you send the toolbar backup to me (support@tordex.com), I'll try to locate the problem. Also you can clear the toolbar folder and begin from the start Wink
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
JKonzak

07-08-2014, 10:35 AM -
Since I have uninstalled TLB I think that deleted the Toolbar Folder, which is why I can't find it.

I can send a copy of that backup file. Just let me know where/to whom.

Thanks again.

JKonzak

07-08-2014, 12:08 PM -
Update:
Oops. Apology for posting a bit hastily.
I tried a clean install one more time and did get it to work. Most or all of the links in my menus are there; some had to be edited or replaced with new shortcuts. No big deal.
But TLB appears to be working properly now.
Whew!
I've really become so used to the convenience and efficiency of this app that I would hate to be without it.