Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
brotman

12 posts 6 threads Joined: Jan 2006
08-22-2014, 06:20 PM -
Hi,

Running Win7-64 and TLB pro v6.6.

Sometimes I can't get the taskbar to open up at the bottom of the screen even when the mouse/cursor is down there.

I'm not sure this is a TLB problem may be Win 7 itself, or maybe interference from "StartMenu X v5.25".

I know about win 7's taskbar autohide mode and have seen this problem with it set off (usually after running a full screen program. It will sometimes start working again after moving the taskbar to other locations and then back to the bottom, but only sporadically. Once the taskbar opens, TLB function seems to work fine

Is there shortcut I can add to the desktop that will force the Taskbar open?? I've had limited success with TLB hotkeys, but I'd like something more certain...

thanks, Chuck
This post was last modified: 08-22-2014, 09:34 PM by brotman.
-
Best Regards,
Chuck
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
08-23-2014, 04:06 AM -
If True Launch Bar is on the taskbar try to set "Activate toolbar hotkey" in TLB Settings->Toolbar->General. This hotkey move the keyboard focus to the toolbar (so you can use the keyboard to navigate in the toolbar). Other effect: the taskbar popup from the autohide.

BTW, do you use any windows management software? Windows notify application about open/close of full screen window automatically. Windows stop autohide while fullscreen window is active. But, I guess, some application can block these notification and taskbar don't know that fullscreen window is closed. Maybe some software that manages opened windows, add's some functions into the caption?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
brotman

12 posts 6 threads Joined: Jan 2006
Wink  08-23-2014, 04:56 PM -
Yuri,

I set the hotkey to alt-t and it works great! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure about the windows management software, but I'll look into it.

Now, what is the story with the standalone version? Is it included in my current license or do I need to buy another license? I'm looking forward to trying it out. anything I special I should be aware of? can it run the same time as the installed verzion?? Is there any documentation, yet?

Thanks again,
chuck
-
Best Regards,
Chuck
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
08-23-2014, 05:07 PM -
Quote:Now, what is the story with the standalone version? Is it included in my current license or do I need to buy another license? I'm looking forward to trying it out. anything I special I should be aware of? can it run the same time as the installed verzion?? Is there any documentation, yet?
You don't need other license. Just run shortcut "Standalone True Launch Bar" in Start->All Programs->True Launch Bar (or tlbhost.exe in TLB installation folder). If you already have opened TLB, it asks you for new toolbar. You can define the toolbars in TLB Settings->Options->Toolbars. Every toolbar must have own folder (create it somewhere on disk). Also you can just select the toolbar folder in the "New Toolbar" dialog box.

When you select the toolbar folder, the "Toolbar Properties" dialog box will be opened. Set the dock side, skin and maybe autohide options and press OK. Note: there are some options available via right-click of the empty space of the toolbar.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com