Version 6.6.9 RC2 won't run at startup
Started by mikolajek

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
mikolajek

8 posts 3 threads Joined: Jul 2006
10-05-2014, 05:18 AM -
I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit. Till now I've used TLB ver. 6.6. and it worked without any problems.

Having looked at new beta features I've decided to give a try to the latest beta (6.6.9 RC2). It works like a charm but won't open at startup...

I've checked the presence of registry keys mentioned in FAQ point related to such a problem but the keys listed there are not present on my system.

Can anyone help with that? Thank you!
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
10-05-2014, 05:26 AM -
Where is your TLB? Is it on the taskbar or is it the standalobe toolbar?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
mikolajek

10-05-2014, 05:31 AM -
It's located as a Windows taskbar. To run it I select "True Launch Bar ..." and then point to my folder with shortcuts.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

10-05-2014, 06:15 AM -
Try this:
1. Open TLB if it is not opened
2. Hold down CTRL and SHIFT keys and right-click the taskbar
3. Select "Exit Explorer"

This will exit windows explorer. Windows explorer saves the toolbars position on exit.

Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to open the task manager, select File->Run new task, and run explorer.exe to return explorer back.

If all is OK, you'll see TLB when taskbar appear. I guess it will be saved after restart also.
The TORDEX Team
mikolajek

10-05-2014, 06:22 AM -
Thank you for this tip, Yuri! I followed your advice and it has helped indeed!

A minute ago I switched off my system completely and re-run it (I find this way more reliable for testing than simple restart) and TLB appeared with no problem.

I can't say what caused taskbar state not to be recorded during regular restart / power off, but the trick with Explorer restart did the job!
mikolajek

10-25-2014, 01:14 PM -
Hmmmm... After a couple of days I must unfortunately admit that the problem is still present, yet its occurrences are less frequent. In the meantime I've upgraded to version 7.0 and it hasn't helped - TLB keeps disappearing every couple machine power-ups.

Can it be the bug in the application itself? As I didn't experience such incidents with previous versions, I believe something must have changed in the program...
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

10-25-2014, 01:54 PM -
What TLB plugins do you use? Also please can you check the Windows Event Viewer for explorer.exe crashes. One of the causes why explorer doesn't save it state on restart is crashing on exit. And this crash is "invisible" when you turn off computer. But windows writes this crash into logs.
The TORDEX Team