Loading folders for hours! Help!
Started by tosime

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
tosime

5 posts 2 threads Joined: Dec 2014
12-26-2014, 02:51 AM -
I am setting up a new PC that is linked wirelessly to my old PC.

I copied a folder containing 25 subfolders and over 2,770 files to the desktop of my new PC (I did not check the number of files!).

I dragged the folder into a submenu I created in TLB.

TLB went ballistic seemingly transferring the files but not allowing me control of my new PC as it switched between windows on each transfer.

That started over 7 hours ago. It has slowed down to a crawl now, but I cannot get enough time to check the "Load virtual folders in background" switch.

I tried rebooting but my PC just goes on switching screens.

What do I do now.

Tony Osime

HP Envy Phoenix 810-160
Windows 8.1
16 GB Ram
1 TB HD
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
12-27-2014, 01:49 PM -
You can run the task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) and kill the explorer.exe, if TLB in the taskbar or tlbhost.exe processes if you are using the standalone tlb. Then run explorer.exe again. This will stop the process.

Usually you don't need to copy many files into TLB. If you want to create the menu with content of any folder, use the Virtual Folders feature. Drag&Drop folder with files on TLB by right mouse button. When you release the mouse button, select "Create Menu Here" to create the virtual folder.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
tosime

5 posts 2 threads Joined: Dec 2014
12-27-2014, 02:19 PM -
Thank you for your reply.

I now have a better understanding of the problem.

I misinterpreted the process as TLB loading folders for hours.
What was actually happening was that Windows/Explorer was looping between two screens.

With your permission, I would like to start a new thread with a better title and description of the problem.
Thank you

Tony Osime
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
12-27-2014, 02:26 PM -
Quote:With your permission, I would like to start a new thread with a better title and description of the problem.
OK start new thread, and describe what is "looping between two screens" Huh
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com