Network system folder won't expand in Windows 7
Started by JimS

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
JimS

18 posts 9 threads Joined: Apr 2012
01-19-2015, 07:36 AM -
I'm running the most recent version of True Launch Bar under Windows 7 Professional x64.

I have a virtual folder on the taskbar pointing to the Windows desktop. All the system folders in it (Computer, Control Panel, etc.) will expand in menus, but I can't get the Network system folder to expand in a menu. I can't put a checkmark on "Expand folder" in it's context menu.

I searched the forum for an answer but didn't find anything, so forgive me if you've addressed this before. This has been bugging me for some time, and I suspect it's not a bug in TLB but rather a quirk in Windows 7.

In any event, is there any way at all to get the Network system folder to expand in a virtual folder pointing to the Desktop?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
01-19-2015, 09:27 AM -
Quote:I have a virtual folder on the taskbar pointing to the Windows desktop. All the system folders in it (Computer, Control Panel, etc.) will expand in menus, but I can't get the Network system folder to expand in a menu. I can't put a checkmark on "Expand folder" in it's context menu.
This is a bug, I'll fix it in the next version. Thank you for reporting.

Quote:In any event, is there any way at all to get the Network system folder to expand in a virtual folder pointing to the Desktop?
As temporary solution: Open "Network" folder in the Windows Explorer, drag&drop the icon from the explorer address bar using right mouse button, drop it into "Desktop" menu, select "Create Menu here" when asked. Note: you have to drop into opened desktop menu (not on the desktop button).

Other way: create shotcut to the "Network" then right-click this shortcut in the Desktop menu and selelect "Expand folder".
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
JimS

18 posts 9 threads Joined: Apr 2012
01-19-2015, 12:22 PM -
Thanks, Yuri. Your responsiveness to issues is always great.

And thanks for the temporary solution; it works for now.