Started by jlucco

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

9 posts in this topic
jlucco

72 posts 32 threads Joined: Oct 2010
01-29-2015, 06:16 AM -
Hi,
I want to report something but I don't know whether it's a bug or not.
I'm using TLB v7.1 on a 64x Win 8.1 PC.
I have some shortcuts to my external drives. They point to X,Y,Z drives. And my customization is set to "always expand shortcuts".
When I start my PC without external drives, obviously those shortcuts neither are expanding nor working in TLB menu.
But, when I plug them, the shortcuts work flawlessly, but the expanding menu is unrecognized until I hit Ctrl+5 to refresh the menu.
Is this a bug? If not what do you suggest?
This post was last modified: 02-13-2015, 11:29 AM by Q Section.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
01-29-2015, 11:26 AM -
Are your shortcuts inside the virtual folder? The are problem with shortcuts, TLB can't to find that this is shortcut to folder if the path is invalid.
I'll try to find the way to fix this. Also you can create the virtual folders inside normal menu. Virtual folders are always folders and they will expand when you insert drives.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
jlucco

01-29-2015, 01:59 PM -
(01-29-2015, 11:26 AM)Yuri Kobets Wrote: Are your shortcuts inside the virtual folder? The are problem with shortcuts, TLB can't to find that this is shortcut to folder if the path is invalid.
I'll try to find the way to fix this. Also you can create the virtual folders inside normal menu. Virtual folders are always folders and they will expand when you insert drives.

I did not understand what you meant by virtual folder. I've created a TLB menu, and the shortcuts are inside it. When the path is invalid, the shortcuts do not work. When I insert a flash disk, my PC recognizes its previous drive letter (for example Y), my shortcut to Y works fine by TLB. But it does not expand its contents. But, when I press Ctrl+5 to refresh, it creates an arrow right side for expanded contents.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

01-30-2015, 10:13 AM -
Quote:I've created a TLB menu, and the shortcuts are inside it.
When you create menu you can set the "Path for virtual folder" (look at attached screenshot). So if you've set this path for menu, this is the virtual folder (it shows content of other folder).

You can leave the path empty and create "normal menu". This menu can contain shortcut as well as other menus and virtual folders. Creating the virtual folder that shows content of your drives (like on screenshot) will work in normal menu.
This post was last modified: 02-13-2015, 11:23 AM by Q Section.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The TORDEX Team
jlucco

01-31-2015, 01:04 AM -
(01-30-2015, 10:13 AM)Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:I've created a TLB menu, and the shortcuts are inside it.
When you create menu you can set the "Path for vitrual folder" (look at attached screenshot). So if you've set this path for menu, this is the virtual folder (it shows content of other folder).

You can leave the path empty and create "normal menu". This menu can contain shortcut as well as other menus and virtual folders. Creating the virtual folder that shows content of your drives (like on screenshot) will work in normal menu.

So yes, my primary menus are all virtual. But I don't know why it's important relevant to my problem.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

02-01-2015, 08:12 AM -
Quote:So yes, my primary menus are all virtual. But I don't know why it's important relevant to my problem.
I wanted to say is the virtual folders with content of your drives are working in regular menus even you've start TLB with detached drives Wink

And usually there are no differences between virtual and "non-virtual" menu if you are using menu for shortcuts only.

PS. Sorry, sometimes I have difficulty with the presentation of my ideas Blush
The TORDEX Team
jlucco

02-02-2015, 12:03 AM -
(02-01-2015, 08:12 AM)Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:So yes, my primary menus are all virtual. But I don't know why it's important relevant to my problem.
I wanted to say is the virtual folders with content of your drives are working in regular menus even you've start TLB with detached drives Wink

And usually there are no differences between virtual and "non-virtual" menu if you are using menu for shortcuts only.

PS. Sorry, sometimes I have difficulty with the presentation of my ideas Blush

I know what you mean. Even unplugged, the shortcut to my usb drive still exists inside the menu. When I click on it, it alerts: unvalid path. But when I plug the usb drive, it works. When I click on it, it opens the path in explorer.
However, my settings to all my shortcuts to folders are expanding contents. The shortcut to my usb drive never have an expanding arrow next to it. Until I press ctrl+5 to refresh menu, the problem get solved and the arrow becomes visible with the shortcut showing menu of expanding contents.
I think you are aware of this situation and intend to fix it on the upcoming versions?
jlucco

02-11-2015, 03:14 AM -
Yuri, not any answers yet?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

02-11-2015, 10:09 AM -
Quote:I think you are aware of this situation and intend to fix it on the upcoming versions?
Yes, I'll fix this problem in the next version.

I've created this video, to show the difference of processing virtual folders inside regular menu and in virtual folder (like yours). During creating this video, I've found one "feature" that force expand folders Wink See at the end of video.
The TORDEX Team
jlucco

02-12-2015, 04:29 AM -
(02-11-2015, 10:09 AM)Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:I think you are aware of this situation and intend to fix it on the upcoming versions?
Yes, I'll fix this problem in the next version.

I've created this video, to show the difference of processing virtual folders inside regular menu and in virtual folder (like yours). During creating this video, I've found one "feature" that force expand folders Wink See at the end of video.

Woow, how did you manage to find that? Wink
Thank you very much....