options.xml on TLB 7.2 and Win10
Started by mponte

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
mponte

7 posts 2 threads Joined: Sep 2011
09-30-2015, 04:34 AM -
The options.xml file is never updated from date when i updated to v7.2.

Even, I could say it is not being read. I wrote manually some config options and every time I reboot the PC i have to config TLB again (icon size, language, skin,...)

Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
09-30-2015, 04:56 AM -
Quote:Even, I could say it is not being read. I wrote manually some config options and every time I reboot the PC i have to config TLB again (icon size, language, skin,...)
All these settings are saved into different places:
icon size: tlbdata.xml or setup.ini inside the toolbar folder
skin: in setup.ini (toolbar folder)
language: yes, it is in options.xml (truelaunchbar->tlb->LCID)

Do you use portable mode (from ZIP file) or you've used installer to install TLB?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
mponte

09-30-2015, 07:20 AM -
(09-30-2015, 04:56 AM)Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:Even, I could say it is not being read. I wrote manually some config options and every time I reboot the PC i have to config TLB again (icon size, language, skin,...)
All these settings are saved into different places:
icon size: tlbdata.xml or setup.ini inside the toolbar folder
skin: in setup.ini (toolbar folder)
language: yes, it is in options.xml (truelaunchbar->tlb->LCID)

Do you use portable mode (from ZIP file) or you've used installer to install TLB?

I've used installer but got some error (a few days later) in registration code and you sent me a tlb.ini file with my keycode in.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

09-30-2015, 02:19 PM -
Where your options.xml file is located? Also please check the if the file named "portable" is exists in the same folder as tlb.dll. It is in the TLB installation folder and by default is C:\Program Files\TrueLaunchBar
The TORDEX Team
mponte

10-01-2015, 03:02 AM -
(09-30-2015, 02:19 PM)Yuri Kobets Wrote: Where your options.xml file is located? Also please check the if the file named "portable" is exists in the same folder as tlb.dll. It is in the TLB installation folder and by default is C:\Program Files\TrueLaunchBar

The options.xml file is located at 'C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Tordex\True Launch Bar'

And yes, there's a portable file at TBL install folder, but never used portable instalations. Should I remove that file?.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

10-01-2015, 04:16 AM -
Quote:And yes, there's a portable file at TBL install folder, but never used portable instalations. Should I remove that file?.
Yes, remove this file. This file makes TLB portable. You have to restart TLB if it is the Standalone Toolbar or explorer.exe (computer) to apply settings.
The TORDEX Team