• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
Jean-Paul

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Nov 2015
11-18-2015, 05:59 AM -
Hello everyone,
This is my first thread on this forum.
I have been using True Launch Bar since April 2007,
currently using TLB 7.3 portable with great results.

Hopefully I am posting in the right place.

In the Win. XP years, in Logitech setPoint, we could select a middle mouse button click function called “home mouse”. Clicking the middle mouse button would automatically move the mouse pointer to center of monitor screen.
For some reason, when Win.Vista came out, this function disappeared from setPoint. Since then I have been trying to find a way to get this function back without success.
This function was very valuable to me and many others for two main reasons:
1- I am visually impaired and I can lose track of the mouse pointer very easily (frustrating). By clicking the middle button of the mouse I would always know exactly where my mouse pointer is (without having to see the pointer).
2- When using a 2 monitors setup it always makes it very easy to locate the mouse pointer.
There are many other reasons why people would use this function.

I am hoping that someone on this forum could possibly create a small TLB plugin that would make this function available. If not via the middle mouse button it could possibly be via a hot key that we could select.
This function could also be included into a multiple monitor plugin.
I personally have zero knowledge in coding.

Thank you,
keeping my fingers crossed haha!

Jean-Paul
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
11-18-2015, 01:47 PM -
Windows have the standard feature to help find the mouse cursor. Look at attached screenshot for option. If it is turned on, and you press CTRL keyboard key, Windows highlight the mouse position by big animated circle.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Jean-Paul

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Nov 2015
11-19-2015, 11:37 AM -
(11-18-2015, 01:47 PM)Yuri Kobets Wrote: Windows have the standard feature to help find the mouse cursor. Look at attached screenshot for option. If it is turned on, and you press CTRL keyboard key, Windows highlight the mouse position by big animated circle.

Hi Yuri,
Thank you for your interest in my post, I must apologize to you for
forgetting to mention that we are aware of the Windows functionality
available in: Control Panel>Mouse properties>pointer options>Show location of pointer
when I press the CTRL key.
In fact when using this functionality the mouse courser blinks when the CTRL key is
released. That is a visual solution to a visual problem.
If there were a second choice, MOVE MOUSE POINTER TO CENTER OF SCREEN
WHEN I PRESS CTRL KEY. That would be an intellectual solution to a physical problem
(you simply know where your mouse pointer is).
I know it does not seam like much but to those who need such a functionality it is enormous.
I am hoping to find somebody who is interested and has the time and the knowledge to create
a Windows patch or small app or maybe even a small TLB plugin that would make such a
functionality available to those who need it.
The only program that I know has this functionality is UltraMon, installing a complete
program sold at approx $50.00 to get one functionality is not very logical.
Again, I thank you for your interest in my post.

Jean-Paul