How to Dock Many Menus to Same Location and See Them All
Started by danmeek

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
danmeek

365 posts 127 threads Joined: Mar 2003
12-28-2015, 01:14 AM -
One very useful feature of TLB is that I can dock many menus to the same location (same edge of same monitor) and yet easily see all of them. I just set a different "Show toolbar animation" delay time for each one (under Toolbar Properties, Auto-hide).

So, if my cursor lingers on the edge for one second, Toolbar A emerges. If I keep it there another second, Toolbar B emerges on top of Toolbar A. If I keep it there another second, Toolbar C emerges on top of Toolbars A and B. And so on.

This is also very useful for using TLB on a laptop, without additional monitors. I usually use my maptop with 4 external monitors and with TLB toolbars emerging from 8 different edges. But, of course, a single laptop monitor only has 4 edges, and the bottom one is best reserved for Windows taskbar. But I can stack many toolbars on a single edge, using the above technique.

Thanks, Yuri.
jlucco

71 posts 31 threads Joined: Oct 2010
12-28-2015, 04:20 AM -
Why do you need to use 4 different toolbars?
Do you have a screenshot of your desktop showing all the toolbars' details?

danmeek

365 posts 127 threads Joined: Mar 2003
12-28-2015, 03:22 PM -
I need 4 toolbars, because I use dozens of different programs and also use them for quick access to hundreds of websites. Also, it is easier to use several toolbars, each with one or two columns, than to have a single huge toolbar with 6 or more columns. The emerging of menus and submenus and sub-sub menus gets complicated on a single huge toolbar. Also toolbars alphabetize their items horizontally first (not vertically), which makes it harder to find the desired item on a toolbar with more than 1 or 2 columns.

I don't know how to do a screenshot of 4 monitors at the same time, so no to the screenshot you requested. Nor can I do a screenshot of the one monitor with all of the toolbars showing, because they cover each other up as they emerge. But that is no problem to using them, as I move the mouse away from the edge of the screen just after the toolbar I want has emerged.