Column and Position settings not being saved - (using version 2.2.0.6)
Started by alphaex32

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

8 posts in this topic
alphaex32

6 posts 2 threads Joined: Aug 2003
08-26-2003, 03:49 PM -
For some reason, whenever I restart TLB (or my computer, of course) the position of the bar on my taskbar as well as the multicolumn format that I use are not restored (it returns to one-column). Any ideas?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
08-26-2003, 04:32 PM -
Please tell us your system details:
Windows Version
TLB Version

It will be very very great if you post screenshot here ???
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
alphaex32

08-26-2003, 05:02 PM -
Im using winxp home and TLB 2.2.0.6 (demo). It seems that sometimes it saves the position of the bar, but usually it reverts back to previous settings if I restart TLB. The number of columns being used in the menus never get saved, though.

Btw, I already looked in the FAQ and saw that soultion using gpedit.msc, but im not sure where this file is, as I searched my computer and didnt find it (is it on xp pro only?).

Here is a quick example of what usually happens to the toolbar position (see picture attachment):
I would start out with the settings as #2 when I start up TLB. Then, I would move the toolbar to the right as in #1. When I close the TLB toolbar then open it again, it would be back to position #2.
alphaex32

08-26-2003, 05:37 PM -
Btw, I just discovered another bug/problem. On a menu where I view the files as thumbnails, I wanted to change the settings for the thumbnail size and number of columns and use these settings for the child menus also. I checked the box to do this, but for some reason the settings in the child menu did not change correctly. Whatever size I use for the parent menu thumbnails, the child menu thumbnails always change to size 80 for some reason. Also, the number of column settings dont seem to get transferred to the child menus, either.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

08-26-2003, 05:50 PM -
alphaex32 Wrote:Im using winxp home and TLB 2.2.0.6 (demo). It seems that sometimes it saves the position of the bar, but usually it reverts back to previous settings if I restart TLB. The number of columns being used in the menus never get saved, though.

Btw, I already looked in the FAQ and saw that soultion using gpedit.msc, but im not sure where this file is, as I searched my computer and didnt find it (is it on xp pro only?).

Here is a quick example of what usually happens to the toolbar position (see picture attachment):
I would start out with the settings as #2 when I start up TLB. Then, I would move the toolbar to the right as in #1. When I close the TLB toolbar then open it again, it would be back to position #2.
TLB does not save position if you close/open it. Unfortunately this is standard Windows behavior Sad

gpedit.msc can be found only on Win2000 Pro and WinXP Pro Sad but this can be useful only if TLB does not save its position after restart. If so then try to delete all files named tlbdata and tlbdata.xml from toolbar folder. Sometimes this solves the problem especially if you are upgrade TLB from old versions.
The TORDEX Team
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

08-26-2003, 05:52 PM -
alphaex32 Wrote:Btw, I just discovered another bug/problem. On a menu where I view the files as thumbnails, I wanted to change the settings for the thumbnail size and number of columns and use these settings for the child menus also. I checked the box to do this, but for some reason the settings in the child menu did not change correctly. Whatever size I use for the parent menu thumbnails, the child menu thumbnails always change to size 80 for some reason. Also, the number of column settings dont seem to get transferred to the child menus, either.
Please try with version 2.2.0.7 Wink If problems is not solved in this version please let me know.
The TORDEX Team
alphaex32

08-26-2003, 08:59 PM -
I uninstalled 2.2.0.7, and unfortunately, neither problem was fixed, even after deleting the xml files and restarting. Ive been looking at the xml files, though, and it seems they are not saving correctly. After changing the main menu to 3 column view, I closed TLB and then opened the correct xml file. As you can see (below), the "columns" value changed to "3", but the "isMultiColumn" is still "0". Is this what might be causing the problem?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <tlbdata>
- <folder name="">
<options ArrangeOptions="0" Columns="3" IconSize="0" isRecent="0" lockFlag="0" ViewMode="0" ViewStyle="0" overlayFileName="" overlayTransparency="0" isMultiColumn="0" filterPermanent="0" filterFolders="0" filterShowMask="" filterHideMask="" filterModifiedDays="0" filterCreatedDays="0" />
</folder>
</tlbdata>

And the child menu settings still arent working correctly, unless I go into the xml file afterwards and fix the values myself or I go through each child folder and fix them one by one. Sad
I attached a screenshot of the settings window to show how I customized the parent menu. I then closed TLB and looked at the resulting xml file (below). You can see that the thumbnail size for child has changed mysteriously to "80" instead of "48". ???

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <tlbdata>
- <folder name="">
- <childs>
<folder name="colorado 2003" />
</childs>
- <options ArrangeOptions="0" Columns="3" IconSize="48" isRecent="0" lockFlag="0" ViewMode="3" ViewStyle="0" overlayFileName="" overlayTransparency="0" isMultiColumn="0" filterPermanent="0" filterFolders="0" filterShowMask="" filterHideMask="" filterModifiedDays="0" filterCreatedDays="0">
<ChildsOptions ArrangeOptions="0" Columns="3" IconSize="80" isRecent="0" lockFlag="0" ViewMode="3" ViewStyle="0" overlayFileName="" overlayTransparency="0" isMultiColumn="0" filterPermanent="0" filterFolders="0" filterShowMask="" filterHideMask="" filterModifiedDays="0" filterCreatedDays="0" />
</options>
</folder>
</tlbdata>

I would like to find out if there is anyone else having a similar problem...
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

08-27-2003, 03:31 PM -
I've reproduced the bug with APPLY TO CHILD FOLDERS - it will be fixed in the next version.

One note about multicolumn. Option isMultiColumn in XML file =1 only when you select Multicolumn text menu. This view mode apply Multicolumn everytime. The Text menu add new column only when menu have too many icons to fit on screen.
The TORDEX Team