Started by jmazor

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

9 posts in this topic
fhurst

18 posts 6 threads Joined: Nov 2004
08-11-2005, 11:04 AM -
Q Section Wrote:
fhurst Wrote:...It works great, however, it did not launch when I opened Windows this morning and I had to maually launch it...
Try this: create a shortcut to the .exe file and place it in your Start>Programs>Startup folder. If you need further assistance please post. Be a good chap and let us know how it went.

I had restarted Windows the next day and verified that it was a recurring problem, so I checked to see if the application had placed a shortcut in the startup folder and it had not, so I created one. I then remembered that this program was offered in two versions, one with an installer and one without, and since I usually default towards those without, the version I am using doesn't seem to have an option to start with Windows and thus can't create a shortcut.

The version with the installer probably installs a shortcut automatically. So anyone else who reads this, and decides to try this program, may want to try the version with the installer if you aren't familiar with startup shortcuts.

Thus far everything has worked well on my XP Home operating system and I have no complaints (And my machine is heavily laden with applications 15 of which visibly open with Windows ( There are some that don't appear in the system tray, as well as system services that run in the background).

Based on my experience, thus far, I will at this point recommend this application in conjunction with Truelaunch Bar.

I have two bars one on each side of my screen, Truelaunch to the left and Windows to the right, I'm not comfortable with removing my Start button, so it resides unobtrusively at the top of my Windows bar and the System Tray at the bottom right where it has always been.

Truelaunch Bar and Taskbar Activate seem to be made for each other. I have found that a delay of 500 ms is comfortable for me and It took several days to get used to, but it sure beats those two bars unhiding when I overshoot.

Both applications are a blessing and now that I have tried them, I refuse to be without either of them.
Have a Goodun, Cheers!
fhurst

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by jmazor - 12-24-2003, 10:21 PM
[No subject] - by IceCaveman - 12-25-2003, 05:02 AM
[No subject] - by PsychoMark - 12-25-2003, 01:56 PM
[No subject] - by NetMage - 08-05-2005, 11:35 AM
TaskBar Activate - by fhurst - 08-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Taskbar Activate - by fhurst - 08-08-2005, 06:07 AM
Re: Taskbar Activate - by Q Section - 08-08-2005, 06:45 AM
Re: Taskbar Activate - by fhurst - 08-11-2005, 11:04 AM