Started by fhurst

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

8 posts in this topic
fhurst

18 posts 6 threads Joined: Nov 2004
11-29-2004, 02:23 PM -
Hi everyone,

Please forgive the length of my post. I'm not skilled with explainations and therefore tend to discribe things in more detail than most.

I've been trying the free version of True Launch Bar for over a week and the full version may be what I'm looking for.

I'd like to purchase the full version, but my wife indicated, in no uncertain terms, that I wasn't allowed to do so for quite some time, so, I'm going to make the best of what I have.

My task is to find a way to display "Menu Lists", while hovering over shortcuts in Free Launch, rather than clicking them to display the folders to which they are linked (Ordinary Shorcuts must be Left-Clicked, to display the contents of the folders to which they are linked, but they open the entire folder instead of displaying it's contents in a "Menu List").

I've discovered a round-about way of doing this by using shortcuts, which are saved in subfolders within the Quick Launch folder found in: My Computer | Documents and Settings | (User's Name) | Application Data | Microsoft | Internet Explorer, and then naming them after the original folders (Because the subfolders are not links to the "Original" folders, but are folders themselves, they display as a Menu List) and then, on the Free Launch Bar, I can exchange the folder Icon for that of the originals.

This method works "OK", until I add something into the "Original" folder. I must then remember to place a shortcut, to that addition, into the appropriate folder in the Quick Launch directory, in order for it to display in the Menu List.

Examples, of this type of Menu List, can be found for XP's Start Menu, by: Right-Clicking an empty place on the Start Menu and then Left-Clicking the the resulting "Properties" button. This calls up the "Taskbar and Start Menu" dialog box, in which you choose: Start Menu (tab) | Cutomize (button) | Advanced (tab) | (The Options areSmile "Display as a Link, Display as a Menu, and Don't Display this Item (These options are for: My Documents, My Pictures, My Music, My Computer, Control Panel, Network Connections and Administrative Tools).

Is there a way I can place a shortcut to a folder onto Free Launch Bar, such as "My Documents", which will, when hovered over, display it's contents as a Menu List?
Have a Goodun, Cheers!
fhurst

Messages In This Thread
Free Launch Bar - Options - by fhurst - 11-29-2004, 02:23 PM
[No subject] - by Yuri Kobets - 11-29-2004, 02:55 PM
[No subject] - by fhurst - 11-29-2004, 07:15 PM
[No subject] - by Yuri Kobets - 11-30-2004, 12:55 AM
[No subject] - by Yuri Kobets - 11-30-2004, 12:58 AM
[No subject] - by fhurst - 11-30-2004, 07:35 PM
[No subject] - by Yuri Kobets - 11-30-2004, 11:51 PM
[No subject] - by fhurst - 12-02-2004, 08:34 PM