How to open menu folders with keystroke ?
Started by mutant

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

10 posts in this topic
mutant

9 posts 3 threads Joined: Mar 2005
03-21-2005, 07:43 PM -
On the basis of a recommendation in PC Pro Magazine (UK) I have installed the trial version of True Launch Bar and have been greatly impressed.

However, the one thing I am looking for before replacing my trusty copy of Tray Menu is the ability to navigate and use the folder menus with the keyboard rather than a mouse.

Having spent some hours with both the current and beta versions I feel I am almost there but not quite.

I have set up a virtual menu using a blank folder on of my drives as the target. I have then configured this to open with a hot key and have added to the menu the various folders and drives I want in the menu as shortcuts.

This all works perfectly. I can open the menu with a shortcut key (Alt + Up arrow) and then use the arrow keys to move up and down the list. I can then open any folder I want in Windows Explorer by pressing the Enter key (or if I choose to with a single click of the mouse). So far so good this is exactly what I want.

My next step was to use the TLB settings “Other Options” to activate “Expand folders to shortcuts”. This then allows me to navigate up the menu and then using the right or left arrow keys to move into the various sub menus or even down to file level.

Unfortunately, and here is the snag, I can then no longer open any of the folders in the menu by pressing the Enter key or with a single click of the mouse. They will, however, open with a double click of the mouse. I can nonetheless open files with the Enter key.

It seems that enabling “Expand folders to shortcuts” disables the ability to open the folders with the Enter key or with a single click of the mouse.

So, my question is, am I missing something obvious that would enable me to use the expanding menus with keyboard shortcuts or is this an inherent problem with the way the menu is designed ? And finally, if the later, is this something that is likely to be addressed in future versions.

Many thanks

Messages In This Thread
How to open menu folders with keystroke ? - by mutant - 03-21-2005, 07:43 PM
[No subject] - by Unbeliever - 03-22-2005, 01:12 AM
[No subject] - by Yuri Kobets - 03-22-2005, 04:16 AM
[No subject] - by mutant - 03-22-2005, 04:42 AM
[No subject] - by Yuri Kobets - 03-22-2005, 10:43 AM
[No subject] - by startkilling - 03-22-2005, 01:49 PM
[No subject] - by mutant - 03-22-2005, 07:23 PM
[No subject] - by mutant - 03-25-2005, 08:44 AM
[No subject] - by Yuri Kobets - 03-27-2005, 11:41 AM
[No subject] - by mutant - 03-28-2005, 07:23 PM