Battery Monitor makes my T41 Thinkpad beep
Started by jmkeuning

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1 posts in this topic
jmkeuning

11 posts 4 threads Joined: Nov 2005
11-03-2005, 07:47 PM -
For the last month I have tried EVERYTHING to make my laptop stop beeping and I was getting so pissed. It would whenever the batter was less than 100%. In other words, I could not use sound while unplugged. So I have been lurking in the forums trying to tyring to solve this problem.

So, I'm sitting here tonight and I decide to edit my registry. I try to change the Default and Current wav file just by changing the extension from .wav to .vaw - that did not work. So I decide to find the files on my computer and remove them. Since the alarm sound is "Battery Low.wav" I do a search for "battery" in explorer. The first thing that comes up is TLB Battery Monitor. While I am staring at the Find screen, waiting for the wav file, I think, "You must be kidding me." I unplug the computer and it starts beeping. I right click on the Battery Monitor and hit DELETE. Icon goes away, beeping stops.

So I reload it and the beeping starts. I went into the app and checked all the settings and all sounds are disabled.

Look, I love the program, it is the best, but that battery monitor almost had me taking my computer apart. btw, yes, the sound came out of the sound card.

Messages In This Thread
Battery Monitor makes my T41 Thinkpad beep - by jmkeuning - 11-03-2005, 07:47 PM