Started by Wisewiz

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
Wisewiz
Speaks Ancient Geek

81 posts 31 threads Joined: Dec 2007
01-28-2020, 02:12 PM -
(01-28-2020, 12:49 PM)Captain Caveman Wrote: Open Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization. Now, click on Folder Options or File Explorer Option, as it is now called > View tab. In this tab, under Advanced Settings, you will see the option Hide extensions for known file types. Uncheck this option and click on Apply and OK

Thanks, man, but I set those things way back when I installed Windows 10: I want to see hidden folders and have access to system files and all the other good stuff, including seeing file extensions in File Explorer. But that setting set works in File Explorer, and doesn't -- at least in my installation of Windows 10 and TLB -- extend to the TLB menus that display files.

I have no problem with all of the TLB menus that show folders and drives and utilities and Administrative Tools and so on and on, but I have the File Explorer folder you see here displayed this way in TLB.

But thanks for reading about my problems.

Just by way of comparison, here's the equivalent pair of shots from my Windows 7 Pro machine:

(For any new member who happens to see these posts and can't make out the details in the screenshots, ... click on the picture for an enlarged view, then close the new window and click on the next picture ... wash, rinse, and repeat.)

Best regards to all of you,

This post was last modified: 01-28-2020, 02:51 PM by Wisewiz.
Wisewiz
To those who do not have any, even a little knowledge of computing seems like wizardry.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can't find the setting to show file extensions - by Wisewiz - 01-28-2020, 02:12 PM