Make Screenshot MENU - Capture Results, Copy to Clipboard...
Started by swoooooooly

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
swoooooooly

33 posts 14 threads Joined: Nov 2009
12-05-2009, 03:00 AM -
After taking a capture, I find I always want to:
- see it right away to check out how it turned out (I may need to redo it, if not happy)
- if I am happy with it, copy it to clipboard to paste in an application

My ideas to improve the make screenshot plugin:

1. Turn it into a Menu Button.
---This means 'left click' does not activate the screen capture, it opens a menu.

2. To activate the screen capture, the 4 capture types are buttons inside the menu. PIC:
[Image: adfdsf.jpg]

---Click any capture button (eg Capture Application) and the menu automatically closes to let you select the Application.
---Once the selected Application has been captured, the menu automatically opens to display a thumbnail of your capture. PIC:
[Image: capturedt.jpg]

3. The menu not only displays the last capture, but if you 'save' your captures it also holds Thumbnails of all your recent screen captures

[Image: dddseeeeeee3.jpg]
3. Left Clicking on any thumbnail can either (optional):

---- Copy to clipboard
---- Open File in Default Picture Viewer.
---- Open in Containing Folder

4. Context menu options on any thumbnail:
---Copy to Clipboard, Open in Containing Folder, OCR - Extract Text from image, Delete Image to Recycle Bin.
[Image: aaaae33.jpg]

The whole feature could completely be optional, so the user can choose between the current functionality or this menu style.

ATM I use Windows Snipping Tool and JOCR.... The advantages of these are that you can see the result of your screen capture right away with the option to copy to clipboard. But TLB could be even more useful by providing thumbnails of all your recent snaps (not just the last one), and allowing you to quickly copy them to the clipboard when needed. Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
Make Screenshot MENU - Capture Results, Copy to Clipboard... - by swoooooooly - 12-05-2009, 03:00 AM
[No subject] - by Yuri Kobets - 12-05-2009, 01:25 PM
[No subject] - by gate1975mlm - 12-05-2009, 02:33 PM
[No subject] - by swoooooooly - 12-06-2009, 04:21 AM