Send hotkey
Started by Blue Proteus

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
Blue Proteus

18 posts 9 threads Joined: Jun 2009
01-22-2012, 11:32 AM -
Sure, there are a few programs I use that allow hotkeys to be assigned to perform a number of different events...the problem is that if not used often, it's easy to forget the hotkey combination. If I could instead create a button on the launchbar that would send the hotkey combination, I could give that button an obvious name, and wouldn't forget what the hotkey was.

I'll give an example of how I would use that now:
There's a program I'm using that allows virtual desktops. (Let me add that I'm aware of the virtual desktop plugin that works with Launchbar already, but it doesn't work the way I need it to.)
The program allows you to switch desktops through the use of hotkeys. But I'm not that big a fan of hotkeys, I'd rather press a defined button. (Plus there's a good chance that I would forget what the hotkey is anyway.)

So if I could create a button that sent for example "Ctrl-Shft-Z" when pressed, I could assign that hotkey to desktop 1. I could label the button "Desktop 1" and I would always know what it's for. (No confusion about hotkeys.)

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
Send hotkey - by Blue Proteus - 01-22-2012, 09:00 AM
RE: Send hotkey - by Yuri Kobets - 01-22-2012, 11:20 AM
RE: Send hotkey - by Blue Proteus - 01-22-2012, 11:32 AM
RE: Send hotkey - by Yuri Kobets - 01-22-2012, 02:09 PM
RE: Send hotkey - by mls - 01-22-2012, 06:53 PM