Tear off menu by dragging caption
Started by Philip Goddard

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
Philip Goddard

17 posts 3 threads Joined: May 2010
12-19-2012, 01:03 PM -
I'm not sure whether this should be posted here or as a bug report.

I have a top-level menu that pops up from a minimal toolbar containing just an imitation 'Start' button and a time/date display. That top-level menu remains incorrigibly 'torn off', and the "Tear off menu by dragging caption" item Menu Appearance > General in the TLB Settings appears to have no effect in preventing menus from getting torn off.

Prior to my upgrading my Win7 installation to Win8, that was just a minor annoyance, but now, in Win8 each torn-off menu doesn't cancel when the mouse pointer goes off it or indeed one clicks on the desktop or another program's window. The only way to close torn-off top level menu is to click on the imitation Start button on the toolbar or to click on the torn-off menu to bring it into focus, and then to press Esc. Torn off Sub-menus can be closed only by clicking on them and then pressing Esc.

This is tiresome enough that if I cannot resolve this issue I shall do my best to find an alternative launchbar program that keeps its menus together properly and doesn't allow tearing off (at least, if one has chosen for it to function thus).

I am aware of the TLB setting "Auto close menu on mouse leave", and I have that checked, but that is not happening for torn-off menus, though it does happen for menus that haven't got torn off.

So, the question is, whether there is some measure I can take to rectify this situation and stop it recurring, or whether this is really is a bug that needs to be addressed.
-- Philip

Messages In This Thread
Tear off menu by dragging caption - by Philip Goddard - 12-19-2012, 01:03 PM
RE: Tear off menu by dragging caption - by mls - 12-24-2012, 04:36 PM