Started by Stormlight

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
Stormlight

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Apr 2008
11-13-2013, 09:03 AM -
Old computer setup:
[Windows XP Pro] I created a TLB folder on my D: drive. From within TLB I created a profile that pointed to this folder. In this TLB folder I created additional folders with different names that appeared as menus on the TLB Taskbar menu. Within those folders I copied-and-pasted shortcuts, which TLB recognized the next time I opened the TLB taskbar menu. I also backed up the TLB Taskbar menu and settings and routinely saved this file in the TLB folder on the D: drive. Then TLB folder contents and backup file were saved to an external HD.

New computer setup:
[Windows 8.0] I first installed TLB. From my external HD, I copied the TLB folder's contents (including the restore file) to the laptop's C: drive. I then booted up TLB and pointed my profile to this folder. Then I used TLB's restore function, using the backup file I'd made earlier on my old computer.

NOTE: TLB installed in the "Program Files" directory (the default install setting) instead of the "Program Files (x86)" directory where all my other programs installed.

Issue:
The TLB Taskbar menu came up along with all the menus and sub-menus, including separators, labels, colors, etc. But none of the shortcuts appeared inside the menus and sub-menus, even though they are still in the main TLB folder on my laptop's C: drive. However, the program shortcuts in the main menu (those NOT inside other menus or sub-menus) did appear and I changed the target path for them to match Win 8.0's different directory structure.

I deleted one of TLB taskbar menus and recreated it by using the right-click/drag method. All the shortcuts reappeared but now all separators, bold letters, colors, descriptions (!), etc. are now gone. These I will have to redo again.

Perhaps I don't fully understand how the backup/restore works in TLB. Did I miss a step or do something I should not have when I tried to transfer my settings to my laptop? Thank you for any help and insight you can provide.

Dave
This post was last modified: 11-20-2013, 04:20 AM by Q Section.

Messages In This Thread
Transfer TLB settings to a new computer - missing shortcuts - by Stormlight - 11-13-2013, 09:03 AM