How to open menu folders with keystroke ?
Started by mutant

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

10 posts in this topic
mutant

9 posts 3 threads Joined: Mar 2005
03-25-2005, 08:44 AM -
Yuri

Thanks for the registration key - the toolbar now looks a lot better !

Having now set up a menu that mimics (with enhancements) the Tray Menu I was previously using I would like, if possible, to modify slightly the wish list we discussed earlier.

As you can see from the image (attached below) the menu is primarily a list of drives and folders on my machine. The menu is a virtual folder and the items on it are all shortcut folders.

Ideally I would like to be able to navigate the menu by using the mouse and the keyboard with the minimum number of actions and clicks.

Mouse action

At the moment I can hover over the menu icon and the menu will spring open. As I move the mouse up and down the list sub menus will spring open automatically. If I single click on a file in one of the sub menus the program of file will open. All of this is perfect.

But if I single click on a folder shortcut in the menu nothing happens. To open a folder in Windows Explorer it is necessary to use a double click.

Request 1 - So my first request would be to have an option to be able to open the folders in the menu in Windows Explorer (double pane) with a single click.

Keyboard action

I can open the menu with a keyboard shortcut and can happily navigate up and down the list with the arrow keys. I can also open a file or program file by pressing the Enter key which is exactly what I want. What I can't do at the moment, as we discussed earlier, is open a folder by pressing the Enter key.

Also, when using the keyboard the menu behaves slightly differently from the way it behaves when using the mouse. For some reason as one moves up and down the menu the sub menus don't spring open automatically (as they do with the mouse).

So at the risk of taking advantage of your previous generosity I now have two requests for this section rather than one.

Request 2 - Which you have already kindly offered to fix is to be able to open a folder in Windows Explorer (double pane) by using the Enter key.

Request 3
- It would be nice if the behaviour of the menu was the same with both keyboard and mouse - i.e. for the sub menus to spring open automatically as one moves up and down the list.

I hope that, by adding to my wish list, I am not taking advantage of your apparent willingness to enhance an already great product.

Many thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Unbeliever - 03-22-2005, 01:12 AM
[No subject] - by Yuri Kobets - 03-22-2005, 04:16 AM
[No subject] - by mutant - 03-22-2005, 04:42 AM
[No subject] - by Yuri Kobets - 03-22-2005, 10:43 AM
[No subject] - by startkilling - 03-22-2005, 01:49 PM
[No subject] - by mutant - 03-22-2005, 07:23 PM
[No subject] - by mutant - 03-25-2005, 08:44 AM
[No subject] - by Yuri Kobets - 03-27-2005, 11:41 AM
[No subject] - by mutant - 03-28-2005, 07:23 PM