Started by alanf

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
alanf

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Nov 2003
11-13-2003, 05:55 PM -
Hi,
For some odd reason upon re-start the Quicklaunch toolbar disappears upon restart. So I bought TLB 'cause I discovered it while searching for why? this started happening. Sadly that did NOT fix my problem of the launch toolbars not redisplaying upon restart. For now TLB also does not reappear.

This used to work fine and I have come to rely on this feature and was looking forward to the cool things TLB was offering.

Does anybody have a clue (or even better a fix) as to why the toolbars no longer re-appear after a restart? They are available if I right-click on the toolbar...so they aren't 'missing'.

Win2K
Service pack 2
Sony Vaio
Personal laptop at home

Thanks,
Alan
IceCaveman

213 posts 52 threads Joined: Jan 2003
11-14-2003, 02:13 PM -
To save the position of toolbars in explorer.exe you MUST shut down properly, without error or else it will forget your configurations. Don't kill explorer.exe manually and such.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
11-14-2003, 04:03 PM -
* Run gpedit.msc file (you can run it from Start->Run)
* Open User Configuration->Administrative Templates->Desktop on the left tree.
* You will see some settings on the right side. See the picture above. If underlined options have any other value then change them into Non configured. If they already in this state then change them into any other state and then back into Non configured (or Disabled).
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
alanf

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Nov 2003
11-15-2003, 08:52 AM -
Greetings,

Yet another 'undocumented' feature .... thank you very much your fix....fixed it! (Knowing windows... at least 'for the moment' Smile ).

Thank you also for the quick response to my query that kind of support is critical and I am very pleased. Hope you sell a million of these.

Now I can play with your excellent offering.

Warm Regards,
Alan