Mail Monitor filtering not working as expected - Version 1.9.5 beta
Started by Starfish

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
Starfish

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Dec 2003
12-09-2003, 09:25 AM -
I'm new to Mail Monitor, just installed it today. Seems like a very useful tool, but can't get filtering rules to work.

I have a rule set up to mark mails with...

Subject contains 'Microsoft'
Subject contains 'MS Corporation'
From contains 'Microsoft'
From contains 'Ms Corporation'

... as "dangerous" and delete them from the server.

If I send myself a mail with subject "Microsoft Stuff", Mail Monitor signals that I have a new message. I open Mail Monitor and I see the email classified as "Normal". I have waited for a few minutes, but the status does not change.

If I press the filter button to look at the rules I have defined, but don't actually change anything, just press OK to go back to the main window, my email is then recognised as dangerous and deleted from the server.

I expected that the filtering would happen automatically in the background, while Mail Monitor is running. Is that correct?

Martin
prestonbow

3 posts 2 threads Joined: Jan 2004
02-01-2004, 08:09 AM -
Mail Monitor 1.9.8 beta
I have encountered the same thing. I set up rules in a filter to detect the virus that is going around and the filter does not seem to be implemented during the auto-check, but does run if I open the filter window, change nothing, click "OK". Then the emails are deleted from the server as the filter specifies. Why doesn't this happen automatically?

Preston