Distributing TrueSoft Toolbars - How to distribute & update my toolbars
Started by jmazor

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
jmazor

5 posts 3 threads Joined: Dec 2003
12-24-2003, 05:15 PM -
How can I most easily copy or distribute my toolbars to my kids' computers on my a small home LAN?

Should some toolbar files be stored on the Server?

Should some toolbar files be kept on each machine in a special file like c:\!TLBars where I would copy from my computer to theirs whenever I make changes?

Thank you.
Doug Smith

218 posts 21 threads Joined: Jul 2001
12-24-2003, 06:21 PM -
The problem in answering your question is we don't have any clue what system your running, what server, what you others systems your running etc.

Help us out Read this
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
12-24-2003, 06:38 PM -
jmazor There are no problems. If you are using last beta version then it have backup/restore feature. So you can backup TLB on your computer and restore it on others. If you are using other version then right-click empty space of toolbar (may be you need to unlock taskbar on XP). and select Open meu item. Transfer opened folder to other computers into any place and use switch toolbar feature to open this toolbar.

There are some restrictions:
1) If you have very deep customized TLB then be sure that on other computers all related files like icons, overlays, skins and others installed in same path.
2) If on other computers not installed some software shortcuts will lost icons.
3) Storing toolbars on server is possible but not recomended

Edited By Yuri Kobets on Dec. 24 2003 at 19:44
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
jmazor

5 posts 3 threads Joined: Dec 2003
12-24-2003, 08:04 PM -
Thank you so much for your quick response. 'Sounds like it ought to work fine for me. By the way, you may want to consider some method of easy distribution for large network administrators.