New Menu Option - Text option instead of just an icon
Started by griffonwing

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
griffonwing

3 posts 1 threads Joined: Jan 2004
01-01-2004, 07:54 PM -
I love this product and have an idea on how to improve it to clean up the look of the launch bar.

You all know, of course, at the top of most programs are the menus File-Edit-View-etc. I would like a plug-in option to do the same for the launch bar.

Imagine looking down and instead of seeing a long line of icons, you see Games-Video-Audio-Documents-etc.

No more jumbled hodge-podge of confusing icons, but menus possibly in different fonts, colors and with different backgrounds.

Does anyone know if this plugin has already been created? If so, please direct me to it. If not, is anyone willing to take the time to tackle it?

Also, as a side note, Is there a way to remove the 'arrow' from the menus?

Thanks
Doug Smith

218 posts 21 threads Joined: Jul 2001
01-01-2004, 08:04 PM -
Read This Removes Arrow

Then Read This How to Use True Launch Bar Forum

Then Read all These True Launch Bar FAQs
griffonwing

01-01-2004, 09:05 PM -
Hehehe.. Yess, I know this. I have read thru everything before I posted this question. I am not a -total- dolt.

I have searched the FAQs and have seen nothing to answer my question, bu you may have misunderstood my question and what exactly it it that I am looking for. (as for the arrow thing, it is late, and that has already been taken care of previously...i dunno why i added that little bit. brainfart)

I do know you can Show Text.. BUT, that does not get rid of the little 'folder' icon. Also I am referring to changing the icon for a folder to a TEXT icon. And for the font/color change, I do not mean the menu itself, but the menu NAME on the launch bar. I am wanting both Text folders, as well as icons (without text), so only a plugin that changed the icon to a text button would be what I would need.

For example. A folder called Games. Instead of having a cheesy 'folder' icon or an obscure picture icon, I would like the ability to have a text-only button that says GAMES, in any color/font that I choose. (similar to the menus like File-Edit-View that i mentioned in my previous post, which I thought I had made clear).

If you actually know of what I am speaking of, and if this is already been done, then instead of giving me 3 default links to half a million FAQ entries, just show me the link to the one i need to look at because apparently I have overlooked it.

I am trying not to see too perturbed but it is late, and my Opera browser does not like this forum (although all the other forums I go to are supported.. hrmmm) so I have to use IE.

Thank You
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
01-01-2004, 09:54 PM -
Do you want something like on attached screenshot? See on TLB and Office buttons. They are all text only.

This feature will be released in the next version.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

899 posts 100 threads Joined: Feb 2003
01-02-2004, 06:27 AM -
griffonwing & Yuri - what a great idea! It looks good and we can not wait!
HMSS Q Section
click here for 30+ ideas from a Special Plugin List
some examples=
UV Index Monitor, Allergy Monitor, TLB Version Monitor, Cinema Monitor
Visualise World Righteousness
Semper Ad Fundum
Working for the Secret Intelligence Service
griffonwing

01-02-2004, 05:26 PM -
Yesh, That is what I was referring to. My mama would be proud. She always said I was ahead of my time. (Yet I think I was born about 400 years too late) Smile

I look forward to the new version. Thank you