Down arrow in submenu - and another related request...
Started by PsychoMark

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
PsychoMark

122 posts 9 threads Joined: Jan 2003
01-09-2004, 08:47 AM -
Got two feature requests (or bugs, whatever you'd like to call them) for working with menus and the keyboard:

1. Down arrow in submenu

When opening a popup menu's submenu after pressing the right arrow, pressing down does not start at the bottom. In fact, the whole menus don't cycle, they just stop at the top or bottom. When reaching either side it should wrap around like regular Windows menus.

2. Directly opening the submenu when pressing it's key

I've got a submenu named "Remote Administrator" and it's the only item in that menu that begins with an R. It would be nice if TLB would detect that and open the submenu. Preferably only when there are no other items matching the first character, and especially not when navigating with the up/down arrow keys...

Actually, I've got another one which might be nice! Being the keyboard freak I am Smile

3. The option to set an accelerator key for menu items

I'm not sure if this would confuse non-programmers, so maybe it should be a toggle (either global or on a per-item basis). Programmers will know what I mean: the & character in a menu item (this is where the confusing would be for regular users, they'd have to figure out && actually displays the & character). Coming back to the Remote Administrator story, it has two subitems: "Start RA" and "Stop RA". These both begin with an S, so I can't do a one-key click. If I could set the accelerator they could become "Start RA" and "Stop RA". Along with feature request number 2 and the hot key I set for the button it's matter of Ctrl-Alt-Shift-I, R, T to stop remote administrator.

Now you could of course point me to the Hot Key property for the item, but this is just one instance. I have many menus and submenus and setting a hotkey for each one is not an option. Too many hotkeys are already active on my system, and I'd like to leave some for the regular applications I'm running as well Smile
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
01-09-2004, 02:44 PM -
Quote:1. Down arrow in submenu
This will be fixed in th enxt version.

Other suggestion will be released in one of the next version. I very like #3 Wink Thank you very much
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
PsychoMark

122 posts 9 threads Joined: Jan 2003
01-10-2004, 03:28 PM -
Great! Thanks very much Yuri, you da man Big Grin